Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

Indian Wells 2012 - Draw

12K views 139 replies 61 participants last post by  Stronga23 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/Scores...195F9AA74&_z=z

Top Half: Djokovic/Berdych; Murray/Fish
Bottom Half: Nadal/Tsonga; Federer/Ferrer + Delpo in Fed's quarter

1/8ths: Djokovic/Gasquet, Nadal/F. Lopez, Fed/Monfils,, Murray/Simon, Ferrer/Delpo, Fish/Isner, Berdych/Almagro, Tsonga/Tipsy

Woohoo - very happy with Tsonga, Federer combo in Rafa's half. Tsonga's been a bit off lately - losing to Nishikori at Aus Open and then being woeful vs Del Po. Fed should get to semi past Ferrer but Rafa will be far more comfortable vs Federer than he would have been vs Murray.

Djoko has toughest quarter/semi combo - Berdych and then Murray. Berdych has been the most impressive of those ranked 5-8. Murray should be fine vs Fish.

Good draw. :cool:

But poor Delpo. :(

#37 ·
Re: WWW Indian Wells 2012? Main Draw projections in OP!

Vulturer will probably swoop in on a depleted field where multiple upsets took place
and add another clown title to his trophy cabinet

#38 ·
Re: WWW Indian Wells 2012? Main Draw link in OP!

I just hope Gael brings his best against Roger. I know its unlikely that he will win but thats all I ever want from Gael.

#40 ·

Delpo/Ferrer-QF again :sobbing:

#41 ·

IW 4R: Tsonga vs Tipsarevic :drool:.

#44 ·

I hope to tennis Jesus that Rendy can beat Istomin. If he can do so he'd have Chela, than Ferrer/Dimitrov/Dodig. I'm loving that opportunity for Rendy. Hopefully Grigor gets past Dodig but on these courts, that will be a challenge. Dodig may be able to grind himself into a win.

The qualifiers have great opportunities to win matches throughout the draw so I really hope all of my favorites qualify and get good draws.

I expect Fish will lose very early, either to Fish of Benneteau. Murray's draw looks great through the QF, where he'll likely play Isner. That will be a tough match in these conditions for Murray. I think John has a great shot at a SF here and I hope he takes it, but I can see someone like Benneteau or Wawrinka having a surprise run to the SF here.

If Roger gets past Raonic he shouldn't have a problem getting to the SF. Raonic on these courts will provide a tough test and Roger will have to return sharply, especially if it's a day match.

Should be a Nadal vs Djokovic rematch from 2011 in the finals here if both guys come to play.

#45 ·

I hope to tennis Jesus that Rendy can beat Istomin. If he can do so he'd have Chela, than Ferrer/Dimitrov/Dodig. I'm loving that opportunity for Rendy. Hopefully Grigor gets past Dodig but on these courts, that will be a challenge. Dodig may be able to grind himself into a win.

The qualifiers have great opportunities to win matches throughout the draw so I really hope all of my favorites qualify and get good draws.

I expect Fish will lose very early, either to Fish of Benneteau. Murray's draw looks great through the QF, where he'll likely play Isner. That will be a tough match in these conditions for Murray. I think John has a great shot at a SF here and I hope he takes it, but I can see someone like Benneteau or Wawrinka having a surprise run to the SF here.

If Roger gets past Raonic he shouldn't have a problem getting to the SF. Raonic on these courts will provide a tough test and Roger will have to return sharply, especially if it's a day match.

Should be a Nadal vs Djokovic rematch from 2011 in the finals here if both guys come to play.
This. :sobbing: Hopefully he got what he wanted to get out of the Singapore challenger which he won.

Roger vs. Raonic. :facepalm: Before that I hope he gets Kudla. :hearts:

#47 ·

I think Kudla should beat Dima. Dima has barely played this year and he has a bad record at this event. But I have to go against the American boy and root for the sexii Russian bear Dima, he needs the points.

#49 ·

Falla I think will trouble Rafa in a major way in the second round. I don't think he can win since his serve isn't good enough and he's a choker, but I definitely think it will be a major struggle.

Rafa has a comfortable draw, but it's a lot of times those types of draws that get him into trouble, because he's not psyched.

#62 ·

Falla I think will trouble Rafa in a major way in the second round. I don't think he can win since his serve isn't good enough and he's a choker, but I definitely think it will be a major struggle.

Rafa has a comfortable draw, but it's a lot of times those types of draws that get him into trouble, because he's not psyched.
:facepalm:

#52 ·

Melzer nor Monfils would be a threat on these courts. And really, neither would Raonic, because Rafa would get him out of position consistently enough in the rallies.

Indian Wells is basically the best court for Nadal's game on hardcourt. The only guy I can see stopping him here is Djokovic, and that's if Djokovic is playing better than what he produced in Dubai. Otherwise, Rafa should bag the title.

#53 ·
Easy draw for Rafa, this in combination with this surface being very well suited for his type of game makes him my favourite to win the title here. Good!
Roger's draw is a tough one. I can see plenty of banana skins on the way to the semis, and as for the semi, unless Rafa for some inexplicable reason not manages to reach it, he's toast. :p

As for the other half, Murray should be pleased. Considering what I've seen from both Murray and Djokovic in the recent tournaments I think Murray would be the favourite to reach the final.

Of course... all speculation, and only if no upsets happen.

#54 ·
I wanted to see Doctor John vs Nadal too,but he's in another half.The balls will bounce high enough for Isner to smash a fatal shot,like he did with Federer.

But the surface here still not as good as clay for his movement,because he can't slide.

#57 ·
I love it! Mostly because it's the end of the first hard court season of the calendar so it feels really important to me in that sense. Everyone gears up for these two events, it's the first time to see all the top players, male and female together, since Australia.

#56 · (Edited)
Delpo in Federer's quarter and Nadal's half again, NID. :(

Was hoping to watch Delpo play either Nole or Muzza this time around.

Maybe we will get a Fedal match in IW in singles for the first time ever in the SF!

Rafuzza or Rafole final this time around.

#61 ·
I'm bored of seeing the faces of the Top 4 in the SF and F over and over again...Hopefully for an earthquake like John Isner vs Rafael Nadal final.:cheerleader:

#65 ·
If Stan had shown any semblance of consistent form this year, I'd 100% back him to beat Murray here. I have to disagree with you CD, I don't see Murray winning here. I think either Isner or someone surprising like Simon or Benneteau will make the SF from that section.

#67 ·
If "chair" can injure Nadal, I'd hate to see what an in- form BYE can do to him.

#77 ·
I say 6-1, 6-0 if he even gets to face Rafa.

#82 ·
Dude everyone can beat Olderer. In that winning position in Wimby 2010, anyone could have put him away easily in 4 sets. Only Falla can be such a weaponless, ballless mug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.