MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Richard In The Australian Summer 2012- Australian Open.
View Single Post
post #314 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM
country flag Schu

Re: Richard In The Australian Summer 2012- Australian Open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He does not know yet, but with none of the other Frenchies performing exceptionally well, I can't imagine that he won't be called. He was the only one playing better than his ranking, after all. Of course, Forget can pick his beloved Llodra again for singles.
Well at least none of the others have the excuse that they are too tired from going deep in a Slam.

NOt so sure I'd say RIchard was playing better than his ranking - he should beat Seppi, Golubev didn't even show up and Tipsy didn't play anywhere near a top 10 player so it was hard to judge just how well Richard really played. and then there was the Ferrer match which probably didn't do much to boast Forget's confidence in Richard.

If Forget does ask him I wish Richard would just tell FOrget he's not playing this time - no alternate, no nothing. Tsonga, Monfils, Llodra, Simon are all better suited for what will likely be a VERY fast court and Benneteau is playing well right now so Llodra has a doubles partner.

Thanks for the info Puschkin.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome