Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win Sydney?

• Nieminen

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Benneteau

Votes: 26 55.3%

WWW Sydney final: Benneteau vs. Nieminen?

6K views 61 replies 39 participants last post by  gators0708 
#1 ·
Can Benneteau finally win a singles title? Will Nieminen win his second title? Benneteau is 0-5 in finals, while Nieminen is 1-10 :lol:

Jarkko leads Julien in the h2h 4-0.

#35 ·
Wow, h2h is heavily in Niemo's favour and they played 3 matches on hard, Niemo won all 3. Even though Benny's stats vs. Left Handers is 19/20 he apparently has problems handling Niemo.
I would expect a win for the Finn but his serve is so weak it may let him down.

#37 ·
Can't stand Benneteau.

REALLY hope my boy Jarkko takes this.

#38 ·
I think Benneteau will win. He has been on fire this week.

I watched the Nieminen Istomin game and thought Istomin had control in the second half of the first set and coughed up an epic tb, which was the back breaker for him. Istomin really went to town on Neiminen's serve, I think he even got the break back after Neiminen was 40-0 up. The court hours for Neiminen has to be a slight issue as well.

#46 ·
FFS rescheduled till tomorrow :rolleyes:. Nice preparation for AO R1...

#49 ·
is the twitter the only source for this info since there is nothing on the ATP site nor on the official tournament site?

And Nieminen is scheduled to play AO Rnd1 vs Nalbandian on Monday at 7PM.

#48 ·
Due to persistent rain, the men's final is tomorrow -- Sunday at 10am. Epic fucking fail.

#50 ·
Pretty dull final in my opinion.

#52 ·
And TV broadcasters would've been happy had the final not been at the planned time, wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

#55 ·
Both of them are like clown Monfils, unlucky in finals...but I think Nieminen will win, in 2009 Nalby had some troubles to beat him in final, he's a very tough opponent who never gives up, he's mentally much stronger than Bennet. If Nieminen wins, he could pull out of AO 'cause his 1rst match is scheduled on Monday (night session) ???? It's only a possibility of course, he can decide to play AO

#58 ·
Would be quite sad if neither of em got title, which doesn't even seem all that unlikely right now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.