Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which sex has it "easier"?

• Men definately have it easier!

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Women have it easier!

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I really think its about the same.

Votes: 10 37.0%

Do you think either sex has it easier than the other?

4K views 87 replies 30 participants last post by  Lopez 
#1 ·
Or do you think its about the same?

I think men and women both face unique challenges in life. In some ways women have it harder, in some ways men, but I think it all evens itself out.

What do you guys think?

Most women I talk to think men have it far easier (no menstration, no childbirth etc), whilst men generally tend to argue for it being equal citing things like men have a higher suicide rate in many countries and we historically have been the ones who have to save the world and die for our countries when the worlds in trouble. Were also "expected" or expect ourselves to have a stiff upper lip and not talk about our problems or cry etc.

What do you think in all honesty?

#75 ·
In terms of career, women have it much easier at the beginning (it seems easier for them to get the first few jobs and promotions), but it becomes harder for them in comparison to men as they advance. Mostly because most women struggle to have the same emotional equilibrium at the work place as men do. You can see that the vast majority of women advancing to top management have a man-like behaviour.

In terms of relationships, men have it far easier IMO as they tend to get less attached and their biological clock runs a lot slower. At 30, most single women start to get desperate. Of course, this is a general vision as there are a bunch of exceptions on both sides.
Moreover, men suffer far less pressure from society to get married, to build a family, etc. - On the other hand, they do suffer more pressure to succeed professionaly.

#81 ·
I hear men still get paid higher, but I'm not positive. Men are also under less pressure to keep a good figure. Plus no period/pregnancy in life. But women have it easier in terms of relationships. Also as men are likely to agree to sex at any time, women essentially "control" that for lack of a better term. Plus there tends to be more pressure on the male during sex.

So overall I would say it's around equal. Women even get paid the same prize money in tennis. Which I still think is absurd. Recently (in the AO at least), they made women play some late night matches to make it a little more justified. But men still play 5 set matches. And while I'm not positive, I'm fairly sure men's matches generate more interest, therefore more ticket sales/television viewings.

#87 ·
Forgot about this thread.

Dick size and erectile dysfunction are such hardships, poor men, how will they ever survive :sad:

#88 ·
While I don't like the turn to relationships and courting this thread has turned, discussing equality issues in some western countries is good. A lot of the gender equality discussion (deservedly) has focused around female issues. However, nowadays one feels that some male issues are largely ignored.

In Finland, women act that any discrepancy with genders when it's to the benefit of men is a social issue, but it doesn't go the other way. E.g. in Finland it is seen as a problem of a patriarchal society that nurses and other care professions have more women than men while men tend to be engineers more often. However, the fact that women outnumber men at universities isn't an issue, or the fact that men commit way more suicides. The double standard gets quite irritating after a while and one does not really move towards true equality by only having one agenda.

As I said in my previous post, this is only a discussion in some parts of the Western world and of course on a global scale women are worse off than men.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.