MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mubadala WTC: Djokovic def. Federer 6-2 6-1

View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 AM
country flag Mystique

Re: Abu Dhabi, SF: Djokovic def. Federer 6-2, 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Um, I was hoping for a more casual match knowing Djoker's attitude after matches and off court. I was slightly disappointed as I still feel there's a certain distance in terms of him and Fed being on good terms which could have changed here.

What I also noticed was how quickly Novak was playing. New tactic maybe. I hope Nadull wins so we can see another spanking just before the year ends.
I was expecting Novak to play to the gallery too actually, especially given how jovial and fun he was in the match against Monfils yesterday.
This was a disappointing exho really. Federer wasnt trying and Novak just ran over him like it was an important match. But these two have a history, and I dont think Djokovic was impressed with Federer's comments after the US Open semifinal and I guess Novak knew Fed wanted to that this as practice more than anything and decided not to give him that chance

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome