- Speaks 4 languages fluently
- Well traveled, been to many countries, experienced various cultures
- Experience talking to sponsors
- Experience talking to the media
- Experience talking to public, crowds, being on big stage
- Influential/well known - public will actually listen to him
- Already rich so there's less danger of corruption
Doesn't seem like a bad candidate.
He is worldwide recognized and on the top of all he knows sports so well from every side, which is desired before approaching Sochi winter Olympic Games.
Besides in every parliament in democratic or almost democratic world I believe people are elected from different society backgrounds, so most groups have their representant. Not sure what is wrong with this.
It's Safin debut, he is 31 y.o., and people already judge this Safin what president he would be in 20 years. Even George Weah can't become a president in Liberia without experience, trust and appropriate preparation.