Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,276
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

^^ Regarding Fed's presser, well he certainly doesn't mince words when praising himself But though I am terribly dejected with yesterday's loss, I don't really mind his self-adulation( he does have reasons to love himself more than a lot of us do ). What I do mind is when he gives back handed compliments to his opponents like when Djokovic won Montreal, he said he is nothing special really, has a solid backhand, solid forehand etc

“For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin'; and death be all that we can rightly depend on.” - Bram Stoker, Dracula
tennizen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered User
 
R.Federer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,821
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBorg View Post
Federer is a spoiled rich kid. What are you doing to do? He was always this way.
Federer is a lot of things, including not being humble. But spoiled rich kid shows you don't know too much about his background/ juniors days.
This is the guy who would feel "guilty" to win against players who came from poor backgrounds or countries with no tennis federations because he felt they had already struggled so much while he had had it easy in relation.
R.Federer is offline  
post #18 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered User
 
yana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: verona
Posts: 2,832
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
It's end of the season, let me join in the fun
See, Mirka? He loves himself more than he loves you!

Corazón latino 2011

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline  
post #19 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered User
 
R.Federer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,821
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana View Post
See, Mirka? He loves himself more than he loves you!
He even took the handbag he bought for me and used it at Wimbledon. A$$
R.Federer is offline  
post #20 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered User
 
Sjengster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Somewhere fairly shingly
Age: 31
Posts: 11,359
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

I love the way sawan always addresses his monumental drivel personally to Federer, as though the latter might be perchance perusing MTF to seek some tips from posters here about the state of his game. I've said it before, but when Federer has success there are some posters who will take straw-clutching to new heights to try and undermine his wins somehow. This latest effort isn't quite in the same league of petty spitefulness as Veronique's "How many times this year was Federer left on the sidelines watching someone else hold up the trophy?" thread at the end of last year, but it's getting close.

The Wit and Wisdom of the Tennis Journalist, Indian Wells 2004

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline  
post #21 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 6,071
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

hist interview against Gonzalez was worse, this is nothing compared to that


Q. Since you became No. 1 you've never lost to so many different players. What's the meaning of that? The competition is getting harder?
ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, well, I mean, look, it's not that easy to keep up the pace I have the last few years. I mean, let's not forget how great they were. I had one season where I lost a lot to Rafa. Obviously that takes away. I didn't lose to many players, you know.
It's true maybe I went for more in a run. I won more titles than this year. But, I mean, defended my No. 1 title and won the Grand Slams. I don't need to sing a song, but it's been another fantastic season.
Some players or people might think now he's more vulnerable. I disagree obviously. I'm going to hopefully show them again this week and then obviously next year again.
ReturnWinner is offline  
post #22 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered User
 
CyBorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,166
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
Federer is a lot of things, including not being humble. But spoiled rich kid shows you don't know too much about his background/ juniors days.
This is the guy who would feel "guilty" to win against players who came from poor backgrounds or countries with no tennis federations because he felt they had already struggled so much while he had had it easy in relation.
I can bring up examples of his temper tantrums if you like, but it doesn't matter.

I'm not trying to stir up the emotions of Federer supporters. Federer is not a bad person because he's spoiled. And spoiled doesn't mean that he's a jerk. By spoiled I mean that he's rich, has a higher opinion of himself than normal and frankly is quite shallow, which is the result of not being particularly intelligent (as most tennis players aren't as well).
CyBorg is offline  
post #23 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered User
 
CyBorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,166
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Becker wasn't a nice guy at all. I mean he is not the Jimmy Connors league for being a prick, but nice guy is stretching it at best.
Becker was a very nice guy. Of course by nice guy I mean in terms of the way he conducted himself socially. He was very well liked by other players and was in general quite gentlemanly.

His tendency to be dramatic on the court didn't really transfer over to the locker room and he never swore at opposing players, only at himself.

As for his adventures with women and other stuff, frankly that's something completely separate.
CyBorg is offline  
post #24 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered User
 
yana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: verona
Posts: 2,832
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
He even took the handbag he bought for me and used it at Wimbledon. A$$
Yes, but I bet you took your revenge and laughed your ass off
when he put his pants backwards at the ceremony?

Corazón latino 2011

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline  
post #25 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered User
 
R.Federer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 8,821
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBorg View Post
I'm not trying to stir up the emotions of Federer supporters. Federer is not a bad person because he's spoiled. And spoiled doesn't mean that he's a jerk. By spoiled I mean that he's rich, has a higher opinion of himself than normal and frankly is quite shallow, which is the result of not being particularly intelligent (as most tennis players aren't as well).
I see I misunderstood, I took spoiled to mean sense of entitlement.
R.Federer is offline  
post #26 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
victory1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 769
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner View Post
hist interview against Gonzalez was worse, this is nothing compared to that


Q. Since you became No. 1 you've never lost to so many different players. What's the meaning of that? The competition is getting harder?
ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, well, I mean, look, it's not that easy to keep up the pace I have the last few years. I mean, let's not forget how great they were. I had one season where I lost a lot to Rafa. Obviously that takes away. I didn't lose to many players, you know.
It's true maybe I went for more in a run. I won more titles than this year. But, I mean, defended my No. 1 title and won the Grand Slams. I don't need to sing a song, but it's been another fantastic season.
Some players or people might think now he's more vulnerable. I disagree obviously. I'm going to hopefully show them again this week and then obviously next year again.
If you where an English speaker, you would realized by inserting the word hopefully he is being very humble.

Stan Wawrinka & Roger Federer


Gael Monfils & Jo-Wilfried Tsonga


Are you a reader? Love electronics? Then this is for you...http://sonyreaderboards.com
victory1 is offline  
post #27 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered User
 
rofe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,789
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Ah some Rafatards moping after the end of season as usual. It is ok, I understand.
rofe is offline  
post #28 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 6,071
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory1 View Post
If you where an English speaker, you would realized by inserting the word hopefully he is being very humble.
no no no , if you analyze his whole answer you will see that was a little arrogant but its not like that is so bad. just a little arrogant, just that.
ReturnWinner is offline  
post #29 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,540
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

Who beat Sawan in the ACC?
Fed=ATPTourkilla is offline  
post #30 of 910 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,540
                     
Re: Roger Federer: the Ego has Landed Again

PS

I have two words for the haters: Fat Dave. He is your only hope next year. Don't think that Nadal is going to get the job done outside clay, because he isn't, or that the Djoker is going to get it done on any surface at all, because he isn't. Your second best hope after Fat D is probably Murray.

If Nalbandian goes back to the rally cars, then look forward to another year of straw-clutching and ridiculous attempts to belittle Roger's achievements.
Fed=ATPTourkilla is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome