Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Registered User
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Trainwreck of a post, this.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,588
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

I hope Fed is making wise investment of all his hard-earned money. Just don't invest in tennis magazines !!
swebright is offline  
post #63 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Registered User
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebright View Post
I hope Fed is making wise investment of all his hard-earned money. Just don't invest in tennis magazines !!
[youtube]sb-lav7ABoA[/youtube]

Go to 1:15 and you have your answer

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #64 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 13,208
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Silly little philistini .. all I'm saying is everyone is equals and let markets decide!
sure, that's just wonderful and gives liberty of choice to everyone, right?

abraxas21 is offline  
post #65 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 2,326
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

i dont know how my man abraxas forgot that everyone in india works in a call center, thats why he spend so many time in here.
octatennis is offline  
post #66 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered User
 
ssin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 2,726
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

I think Fed will stay in tennis and invest some of the money in the sport, which is great.

I like the couple Fed - Mirka. That sort of stability and partnership goes a long way, this is something that everyone could wish for. Give me caring and loyal mother Mirka any time over some trophy model. Indeed, Mirka looks waaay better than Roddick's wife to me. So much better.

It was certainly love, but Fed was also very wise to choose and stick with Mirka. Hats off, he is just a very successful man. And his success came with hard work, belief and good decisions.
ssin is offline  
post #67 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered User
 
pray-for-palestine-and-israel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: uk, north
Age: 35
Posts: 3,728
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

what i love about him is the fact that he's still hungry for winning

he still wants more slams- its more than just about money- his sponsorship deals would be there even if he retired today

its about legacy now- thats why i respect him

God is Love. To know Love is to know God. So ask yourself if you hold any hate for another in your heart how can you have room for Love, room for God
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline  
post #68 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered User
 
barbadosan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I hear my Bimshire calling . . .
Age: 68
Posts: 9,743
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin View Post
I think Fed will stay in tennis and invest some of the money in the sport, which is great.

I like the couple Fed - Mirka. That sort of stability and partnership goes a long way, this is something that everyone could wish for. Give me caring and loyal mother Mirka any time over some trophy model. Indeed, Mirka looks waaay better than Roddick's wife to me. So much better.

It was certainly love, but Fed was also very wise to choose and stick with Mirka. Hats off, he is just a very successful man. And his success came with hard work, belief and good decisions.
Well and maturely articulated



"When I'm asked, how is it to be around Federer, and what is he really like, I always reply, "I wish people could meet him when cameras or an audience aren't around, as he is one of the nicest people I have ever met when stringing on tour. " -- drakulie
barbadosan is offline  
post #69 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered User
 
Everko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 4,137
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Great world. A man can make 10 times more than another man who owns him. Then as well this world also has America as our "world leader"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion
In fact, he may be the one poster here who fails more than you do. Maybe we should all keep that in mind: there is bigger fail than Word Life/Danger Ehren...and its name is Glenn
.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline  
post #70 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered User
 
Everko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 4,137
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-hero View Post
what i love about him is the fact that he's still hungry for winning

he still wants more slams- its more than just about money- his sponsorship deals would be there even if he retired today

its about legacy now- thats why i respect him
respect him? For pure arrogance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion
In fact, he may be the one poster here who fails more than you do. Maybe we should all keep that in mind: there is bigger fail than Word Life/Danger Ehren...and its name is Glenn
.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline  
post #71 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 08:39 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 24,604
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Actually my first thought was "is that it?"

Obviously he'd have been spending a fair chunk of it, but I thought he was earning a bit more in endorsements (than was quoted).
Horatio Caine is offline  
post #72 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 938
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

It does seem a bit low. You'd think he'd be approaching a billion right now. Na Li nabbed $42 million in endorsements after winning RG this year.
Kworb is offline  
post #73 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered User
 
tennis2tennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,531
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kworb View Post
It does seem a bit low. You'd think he'd be approaching a billion right now. Na Li nabbed $42 million in endorsements after winning RG this year.
erm that because China has 1 billion population sponsors will flock to any chinese star...its pure math!
tennis2tennis is offline  
post #74 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
So what? He's just a tennis player.

The market... well the market should be subordinated to the well being of the people. Shouldn't someone who has studied years and years earn more than someone who only plays a sport? I think so.

I have no need for millions and millions.
Depends extremely heavily on what they studied for years and years, and how they are applying that knowledge to make everyone's lives better. Study in itself doesn't make you worthy of millions of dollars. Case in point: the impact Steve Jobs had on the world vs the impact I've had on the world. I went to college for 4 years and spent 6 on a Ph.D. Steve Jobs spent, what, one semester in college? Moreover, even if we place a high premium on intensity and duration of study, don't you think Federer has studied his craft? Do you think he woke up one morning able to outplay everyone in the entire world? Why do you discount HIS years of study?

Finally, the premise of complaining about tennis players' earnings implies that sport serves no important societal purpose; yet, athletic contests have been a part of our culture throughout recorded history. The persistence of these contests seems to indicate a crucial role; perhaps they channel instincts that would otherwise be wasted in costly, bloody wars, or perhaps they provide inspiration and vocation for those who lack the intellect needed for academic success. I'm sure someone's studied this before; it might be worth looking into before we dismiss athletes and their successes as undeserving and wrong. Eliminating the lucrativeness of being a top athlete by force (forbidding companies from offering them endorsement deals, perhaps, or mandating that all of their "excess" earnings, ie, anything we as laypeople deem to be more than they deserve, be paid to their respective governments) would almost certainly kill the profession, and killing the profession may have unintended consequences.
Nasi is offline  
post #75 of 143 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Registered User
 
tennishero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,357
                     
Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

and this guy is still playing tennis lol
tennishero is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome