MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2? - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase?
Fedtards 152 32.07%
Rafatards 245 51.69%
Djokovic 71 14.98%
Gasquet 16 3.38%
Murray 52 10.97%
Nationalists 63 13.29%
WTA Apologists 47 9.92%
Nalbandian 18 3.80%
Fedals 58 12.24%
Other (aka General Haters, Gamblers, Nostalgatards) 94 19.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered User
 
Alcibiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 337
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
"Sorry excuse of a human being"? Who are you again?

Of course it's on a case by case basis, but in the Rafa fanbase there are more of these close-minded people than anywhere else. Simple as that.
I was not refering in the "fanbases" mindset.I already said I evaluate people on strictly indivudual bases and merits.So far,I don't like what I see in Action Jackson at all.Even worse is that he is a moderator.

Moderator who not only condones,but openly invites amd encourages trolling and flame-wars,which is what this thread is about,something akin to Ancient Roman Arena,where they pitt you against each other,and see what will happen(that is not to say it isn't fun sometimes for spectators),in my experience,makes more damage to the quality of the forum than 10 of the worst trolls put together.So,there you go.

Novak Djokovic
6 AO; 1 RG; 3 Wimbledon; 2 USO; NCYGS; 29 MS; 5 WTF; 65 Career titles; Olympic Bronze Medalist; Davis Cup 2010; YE #1 2011,2012,2014,2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-6-302 View Post
You have a deal. You need not have any worries about me keeping my word. I wouldn't have my hideous avatar otherwise. If Djokovic wins I won't post till Jan 1, 2016. If Fed wins you won't post till the same date. Frankly, I don't trust Novak fans too much after that yoda multi Tutsi dishonoured my bet and chico tried to cheat claybot but I trust you'll keep your word. This thread has run its course then. Good.
Alcibiades is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Alci, don't worry I think even less of yourself.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #153 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post


And you are the comedy man?
Yes, you must be the Catalan version of Roncero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
"Sorry excuse of a human being"? Who are you again?

Of course it's on a case by case basis, but in the Rafa fanbase there are more of these close-minded people than anywhere else. Simple as that.
Awwww, it's simple don't act like an arse clown, drama queen, fanboy moron who can't accept their players lose now and then. Then they won't be treated like that.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
 
post #154 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,272
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
I was not refering in the "fanbases" mindset.I already said I evaluate people on strictly indivudual bases and merits.So far,I don't like what I see in Action Jackson at all.Even worse is that he is a moderator.
Right, so he's not allowed to judge people but you are. Gotcha.
Quote:
Moderator who not only condones,but openly invites amd encourages trolling and flame-wars,which is what this thread is about,something akin to Ancient Roman Arena,where they pitt you against each other,and see what will happen (that is not to say it isn't fun sometimes for spectators )
You sound like a Clay Death recruit.
Quote:
In my experience,makes more damage to the quality of the forum than 10 of the worst trolls put together.So,there you go.
I disagree. ACC for example is surprisingly good for the forum.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
post #155 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered User
 
Alcibiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 337
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Right, so he's not allowed to judge people but you are. Gotcha.
Have I mentioned that as the reason I don't like him?No.

In fact,I clearly stated the reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
You sound like a Clay Death recruit.
And that would mean...

Novak Djokovic
6 AO; 1 RG; 3 Wimbledon; 2 USO; NCYGS; 29 MS; 5 WTF; 65 Career titles; Olympic Bronze Medalist; Davis Cup 2010; YE #1 2011,2012,2014,2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-6-302 View Post
You have a deal. You need not have any worries about me keeping my word. I wouldn't have my hideous avatar otherwise. If Djokovic wins I won't post till Jan 1, 2016. If Fed wins you won't post till the same date. Frankly, I don't trust Novak fans too much after that yoda multi Tutsi dishonoured my bet and chico tried to cheat claybot but I trust you'll keep your word. This thread has run its course then. Good.
Alcibiades is offline  
post #156 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered User
 
Alcibiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 30
Posts: 337
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Alci, don't worry I think even less of yourself.
I suppose,if I would to inquire for a reason.answer would be "Just because.",no?

Novak Djokovic
6 AO; 1 RG; 3 Wimbledon; 2 USO; NCYGS; 29 MS; 5 WTF; 65 Career titles; Olympic Bronze Medalist; Davis Cup 2010; YE #1 2011,2012,2014,2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-6-302 View Post
You have a deal. You need not have any worries about me keeping my word. I wouldn't have my hideous avatar otherwise. If Djokovic wins I won't post till Jan 1, 2016. If Fed wins you won't post till the same date. Frankly, I don't trust Novak fans too much after that yoda multi Tutsi dishonoured my bet and chico tried to cheat claybot but I trust you'll keep your word. This thread has run its course then. Good.
Alcibiades is offline  
post #157 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,272
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Have I mentioned that as the reason I don't like him?No.

In fact,I clearly stated the reasons.
Whatever. If you haven't realized it yet, this whole forum is a flame war. What AJ is doing is simply creating a little order in the trolling chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
You sound like a Clay Death recruit.
And that would mean...
The day someone approaches you and invites you to the Castle, you will know.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
post #158 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
What AJ is doing is simply creating a little order in the trolling chaos.
I wouldn't use the word "order" myself.

Timing is of the essence in this sort of thread.

In Part 1, the Federer fanbase was clearly in the lead.
AJ's timing in closing part 1 and starting part 2 was key. He started a new thread right after Rafa won the US Open, thereby winning his career slam which did two things: lots and lots of pro-fans, tards and trolls intensified their posts and secondly lots and lots of haters, trolls and anti-tards increased their efforts as well.
It's my guess that he knew that this victory would change things on MTF. Ironically, if you're long enough on MTF, you'll see that it doesn't change a thing at all (apart from seeing other names appear).

The fanbase at the top is a reflection of who's clearly dominating (and thereby, annoying fans of other players) but it's in no way, shape or form a reflection of which group is worse or better because that's subjective, it depends on your own perspective.

Last edited by Castafiore; 04-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Castafiore is offline  
post #159 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,272
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I wouldn't use the word "order" myself.

Timing is of the essence in this sort of thread.

In Part 1, the Federer fanbase was clearly in the lead.
AJ's timing in closing part 1 and starting part 2 was key. He started a new thread right after Rafa won the US Open, thereby winning his career slam which did two things: lots and lots of pro-fans, tards and trolls intensified their posts and secondly lots and lots of haters, trolls and anti-tards increased their efforts as well.
It's my guess that he knew that this victory would change things on MTF. Ironically, if you're long enough on MTF, you'll see that it doesn't change a thing at all (apart from seeing other names appear).

The fanbase at the top is a reflection of who's clearly dominating (and thereby, annoying fans of other players) but it's in no way, shape or form a reflection of which group is worse or better because that's subjective, it depends on your own perspective.
A successful player gets a lot of bandwagoners (who are normally very thick and unlikable people). Back in 2007, those so called fans adored Federer, now they follow Nadal.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
post #160 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Back in 2007, those so called fans adored Federer, now they follow Nadal.
You think so? Many of those people who followed Federer love to hate Nadal and vice versa. I can't many switch sides in a hurry. They either get more bitter at the other player or they're looking for another bandwagon to hop on.

Success breeds contempt, as they say.
Castafiore is offline  
post #161 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
♥ eve ♥
 
Xoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 40,965
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

everybody's jealous of Rafito, simple as that

Xoil is offline  
post #162 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,272
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
You think so? Many of those people who followed Federer love to hate Nadal and vice versa. I can't many switch sides in a hurry. They either get more bitter at the other player or they're looking for another bandwagon to hop on.
Look, I didn't mean that many old Fedtard poster on MTF has switched sides now. I meant that when Nadal's success started last summer, hordes of bandwagoners registered on MTF and started to make noise.

Quote:
Success breeds contempt, as they say.
In truth, it's arrogance that breeds comtempt.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
post #163 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered User
 
Castafiore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19,954
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
In truth, it's arrogance that breeds comtempt.
I don't agree with that.

Success is what creates jealousy but hardly anybody will admit to that so people will find excuses for their jealousy by suggesting it's not the success itself but blaming it on something else, like for example "arrogance".
Castafiore is offline  
post #164 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,272
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I don't agree with that.

Success is what creates jealousy but hardly anybody will admit to that so people will find excuses for their jealousy by suggesting it's not the success itself but blaming it on something else, like for example "arrogance".


It's simple: Nadal's fans on MTF right now are very annoying. As a matter of fact, I've gained more respect for Nadal as a player the last 2 years. His fans on the other hand have gotten worse.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is offline  
post #165 of 805 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

There are a few people who don't mind Nadal, but hate his fanbase that they want Nadal to lose. It's not right, but such buffoon behaviour helps.

Clay season the nonsense will be unbearable.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome