Tennis pros on twitter - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com
 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 525 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 AM
Registered User
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 50,468
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

@paulakalini
Quote:
The best surprise I could ever ask for was standing in front of my door amidst the rain ♥ You #mademyday & #youknowwhoyouare
aww

Racquet smash enthusiast
emotion is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 525 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 93
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/ivokarlovic/st...61447131652096

Polish Federer
Chrisquet is offline  
post #303 of 525 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered User
 
Shrinking Violet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 398
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Apparently rain delays bring out the musical side in tennis pros...

The whole convo cut together for ease of reading via tumblr


RAIN DELAY
Andy Murray: Is there anything the players could do to entertain spectators during rain breaks? Interviews? Autograph session? Karaoke would be great!!?

James Corden: Dude, get out there and do the rap from autograph!

Novak Djokovic: Bro,make some "golf putting" competition on the court. Or you can "chip" in the flower box :-)

Andy Murray: why don't u come over to queens and we can do our first live version of autograph with @Bryanbros!

Novak Djokovic: I would loooove to do that,but I am stuck at LUTON(London) airport! If you wait for another 60-70min,I can be there..

Bob Bryan: @andy_murray Novak has already rocked 2 live performances. Now it's your time to shine. How about a capella from the top of Murray Mound?

Novak Djokovic: @Bryanbros @Bryanbrothers @andy_murray Another idea: Go out on court with water polo caps and speedo's :-)) I will get a ball !

Bob Bryan: @DjokerNole @andy_murray It's officially a washout. I'm going home to write our new smash hit, "Photograph." Get ready world.

Kim Clijsters: @Bryanbros i will do the backing vocals! :-)

Serena Williams: @andy_murray omg I LOVE karaoke!!! Let's do it on rain delays! What's your go to song?? I'm in!!!!!! Let's go!

Andy Murray: @serenawilliams I'm taking "losing my religion" by R.EM! Had a lot of practice on singstar pro! What you taking? Not sure wimby will let us!

Serena Williams: @andy_murray I'm gonna shock them with "did it on em" by nick minaj @nickiminaj lol or "dreams money can by" by drake @drakkardnoir And of course straight outta Compton" by NWA

Mardy Fish: @serenawilliams can we sing some @jakeowen ???

Serena Williams: @Andy_Murray @DjokerNole I brought a portable karaoke machine brave singers only! http://twitpic.com/5angwl

Andy Murray: @serenawilliams wow that looks way to professional for me! We got to set up a tennis karaoke competition, maybe some mixed doubles!

Novak Djokovic: @serenawilliams @andy_murray @Clijsterskim @andyroddick @Bryanbros Cooooome on guys. Let's put on the show ;-) I am IN.

Kim Clijsters: @DjokerNole I am in too ... :-)

Gael Monfils: :-)

Novak Djokovic: @monfilsgael And we need Gael to break dance :-)

Bob Bryan: @Clijsterskim Perfect! Now we have an all-star band. Our record will go platinum (in Belgium). Rehearsals next week!

Victoria Azarenka: @Bryanbros @clijsterskim since i cant really sing do u guys need somebody who can dance a bit maybe on the background?

Andy Murray
Novak Djokovic ~ Juan Martin Del Potro ~ Paul Henri Mathieu ~ Rafael Nadal ~ Tomas Berdych ~ Stanislas Wawrinka ~ Jo-Wilfried Tsonga ~ Richard Gasquet
Shrinking Violet is offline  
post #304 of 525 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Cutedey
 
Clydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 34
Posts: 13,308
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Violet View Post
Apparently rain delays bring out the musical side in tennis pros...

The whole convo cut together for ease of reading via tumblr


RAIN DELAY
Andy Murray: Is there anything the players could do to entertain spectators during rain breaks? Interviews? Autograph session? Karaoke would be great!!?

James Corden: Dude, get out there and do the rap from autograph!

Novak Djokovic: Bro,make some "golf putting" competition on the court. Or you can "chip" in the flower box :-)

Andy Murray: why don't u come over to queens and we can do our first live version of autograph with @Bryanbros!

Novak Djokovic: I would loooove to do that,but I am stuck at LUTON(London) airport! If you wait for another 60-70min,I can be there..

Bob Bryan: @andy_murray Novak has already rocked 2 live performances. Now it's your time to shine. How about a capella from the top of Murray Mound?

Novak Djokovic: @Bryanbros @Bryanbrothers @andy_murray Another idea: Go out on court with water polo caps and speedo's :-)) I will get a ball !

Bob Bryan: @DjokerNole @andy_murray It's officially a washout. I'm going home to write our new smash hit, "Photograph." Get ready world.

Kim Clijsters: @Bryanbros i will do the backing vocals! :-)

Serena Williams: @andy_murray omg I LOVE karaoke!!! Let's do it on rain delays! What's your go to song?? I'm in!!!!!! Let's go!

Andy Murray: @serenawilliams I'm taking "losing my religion" by R.EM! Had a lot of practice on singstar pro! What you taking? Not sure wimby will let us!

Serena Williams: @andy_murray I'm gonna shock them with "did it on em" by nick minaj @nickiminaj lol or "dreams money can by" by drake @drakkardnoir And of course straight outta Compton" by NWA

Mardy Fish: @serenawilliams can we sing some @jakeowen ???

Serena Williams: @Andy_Murray @DjokerNole I brought a portable karaoke machine brave singers only! http://twitpic.com/5angwl

Andy Murray: @serenawilliams wow that looks way to professional for me! We got to set up a tennis karaoke competition, maybe some mixed doubles!

Novak Djokovic: @serenawilliams @andy_murray @Clijsterskim @andyroddick @Bryanbros Cooooome on guys. Let's put on the show ;-) I am IN.

Kim Clijsters: @DjokerNole I am in too ... :-)

Gael Monfils: :-)

Novak Djokovic: @monfilsgael And we need Gael to break dance :-)

Bob Bryan: @Clijsterskim Perfect! Now we have an all-star band. Our record will go platinum (in Belgium). Rehearsals next week!

Victoria Azarenka: @Bryanbros @clijsterskim since i cant really sing do u guys need somebody who can dance a bit maybe on the background?
Some good stuff here.
Clydey is offline  
post #305 of 525 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 14,411
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Jimmy Connors just tweeted me.

Is it a real account? It seems to be but he has very few followers considering

www.twitter.com/JC_109
looks pretty fake to me

updated some stuff in first post; if you got any new ones, keep them coming
Ivanatis is offline  
post #306 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered User
 
appleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 1,651
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Jurgen Melzer just joined a few days ago - http://www.twitter.com/jojomelzer

http://www.letsecondserve.com/

TT Singles: 38 (Best: 38) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W; 2015: 's-Hertogenbosch W; 2016: AO SF
TT Doubles: 20 (Best: 19) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF, Tiburon CH W, Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W, US Open SF (w/Mahqz); 2015: Sarasota CH W, Fergana CH W, Wimbledon W, Gstaad W, Moscow W (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline  
post #307 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

why isn't this in off topic? it's easier to find the thread there imo.

DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline  
post #308 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,097
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
looks pretty fake to me

updated some stuff in first post; if you got any new ones, keep them coming
According to a Tweet by either Gilbert or Fowler it's real.

The Big Four Still Lives Despite Wawrinka's Truiumph
http://lastwordontennis.com/2016/09/...inkas-triumph/
yesh222 is offline  
post #309 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered User
 
Henry Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,751
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanatis View Post
looks pretty fake to me

updated some stuff in first post; if you got any new ones, keep them coming
don't think so. he tweets back and forth with his son.

it would be a pretty elaborate hoax to set up a fake account for his son too.

I like that he doesn't have many followers because he always replies if you mention him
Henry Chinaski is offline  
post #310 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 AM
country flag Fee
Registered User
 
Fee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern California.
Posts: 17,866
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
why isn't this in off topic? it's easier to find the thread there imo.
I agree. It should actually be stickied there.

Best twitter posts of the epic match:

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.



Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline  
post #311 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,401
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Karlovic's WTAer-related tweets are always good for a laugh
Raiden is offline  
post #312 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered User
 
Sauletekis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pafos, Cyprus
Age: 30
Posts: 11,826
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
Andy Murray: @serenawilliams I'm taking "losing my religion" by R.EM! Had a lot of practice on singstar pro! What you taking? Not sure wimby will let us!
EUREKA! Here it is the reason why Muzza don't have any slams! God doesn't like him!!!!

Proud fan of:

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline  
post #313 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered User
 
delpiero7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 1,933
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Quote:
@ivokarlovic ivo karlovic
Novak overtook Rafa #1 spot in rankings.. But guess who overtook the #127th spot?? #yeahbaby
This guy's twitter is brilliant.

Juan Martin Del Potro

David Ferrer - Tommy Haas - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Andy Roddick - Juan Carlos Ferrero - Mardy Fish
delpiero7 is offline  
post #314 of 525 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,260
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Karlovic after Kudla's match


Code:
The way I played yesterday I could definitely use a vacation. Somewhere where the beaches are golden and trees are green. Sounds like Ja!

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
post #315 of 525 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Registered User
 
AsianSensation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 808
                     
Re: Tennis pros on twitter

Ivo: There's 2 people in my gym. Walking on treadmill and talking on the phone. No wonder my motivation level is lower than Fed's slice

Roger Federer

Djokovic~Haas~Gasquet~Lopez~Dimitrov~Nishikori~Kar lovic~Fognini~Gulbis
AsianSensation is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome