Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom". Recent Labadze clip - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
*High five*
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Stunning passing shot. Well played
Bunch of clowns

my opinion of you both has sunk as of today

Corey Feldman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkw View Post
Yeah mens tennis has been great for the last few years with all the men finding new ways to bend over and take in the ass from Federer and Rafa too.

Give me a break - I love big babe, big bang tennis there's nothing better and what's changed since Navratilova - ah! technology.
Whatever works for you.

Unlike many around here - I think that is still tennis. But it's not a style of tennis that I really enjoy consistently.
scoobs is offline  
post #138 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Bunch of clowns

my opinion of you both has sunk as of today

I can't speak for Leng Jai but I personally am so devastated....

scoobs is offline  
post #139 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
tennis2tennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,531
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

I don’t understand why sexism isn’t taken as seriously as racism; imagine if he made a similar comment about black or Asian people!
tennis2tennis is offline  
post #140 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,696
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
gimmelstob is a pretty nasty dude, i mean, he was probably trying to be funny when bashing Anna k and stuff... but, really, if that is a sense of humour, it is very basic at best and should've been left at home that day...! it sounded spiteful and nasty, not sarcastic and humourous like WTA bashing should be...

really poor play... full of unforced errors...
I don't think Justin is nasty at all. I have met him and he was actually quite nice when all was said and done. I do however wish he had thought harder before opening up his mouth. His comments were awful. I also accept that what was published may have been taken out of context a bit. Doesn't excuse what he says but as I posted before and elsewhere since he apologised and has lost some jobs from this I can cut him some slack.

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #141 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Registered User
 
Nastasie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 45
Posts: 199
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
"99% of male tennis players can't stand women's tennis. There's no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn't for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they're putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is 'hit the ball where your opponent isn't.' Nothing more! No 'Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand'. No way! [...] It's that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That's what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick".

Allegedly.
Thanks, I had never heard of this. Well, I can't say I disagree about the quality of women's tennis, though to be honest, I can't say I pay that much attention to it either.

Like scoobs said, the way he put it was undiplomatic, and I would add that "it makes me sick" was really unnecessary (drama queen much?), but I wouldn't put him in the same bag as Gimelstob and co. just going by this quote.

Regarding money, though, I have to disagree. I have heard Rafa complain that women shouldn't make as much as men because they play best of three sets (he said nothing about the quality of the game, as far as I can remember), and I think both Rafa and Janko are missing the point. I don't know if this has been measured, or if it can be, but in slam tournament, if the women's matches are bringing in as much money as the men's, if the ITF sells the TV coverage rights as a package, etc, then it's only fair that the prize money be equal.
Nastasie is offline  
post #142 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered User
 
TheBrainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,989
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

TheBrainiac is offline  
post #143 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:26 PM
@Ryan's Hat
 
Okonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charmants
Posts: 19,892
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
"99% of male tennis players can't stand women's tennis. There's no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn't for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they're putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is 'hit the ball where your opponent isn't.' Nothing more! No 'Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand'. No way! [...] It's that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That's what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick".

Allegedly.
Hum...nothing's wrong here but...

'Janko 2002' never said such a statement. He was center of attention at that time, little comunist prick, he had all the sponsors, our 'pride'...From the moment when he became just one of the 'group of players' (when Novak, JJ and Ana became better), he started to have an opinion. Voila. Before that not a word from him. Now when he is 'Troicki, Pashanski, Tipsarevic, Vemic...' he opens his mouth.

'Consider friends', right.

JUL, Milosevic, Mobtel, Tipsarevic...same comunist bag. Now he talks!

Btw, Dejan the interviewer is great guy, great journalist.

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.'

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Say No To Racism, Discrimination, Prejudice, Hypocrisy, Idolatry, Aloofness. Free Your Mind, Love Animals. @djokernole @Arsenal
Okonsky is offline  
post #144 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered User
 
valexie03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,242
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
I don’t understand why sexism isn’t taken as seriously as racism; imagine if he made a similar comment about black or Asian people!

Valexie
valexie03 is offline  
post #145 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered User
 
Xenosys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 33
Posts: 953
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrainiac View Post
That's some serious m00b potential there. Anymore and he'll be mistaken for the very sex he's lambasting.
Xenosys is offline  
post #146 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:14 PM
country flag Fee
Registered User
 
Fee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern California.
Posts: 17,866
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Is that the same interview where Janko allegedly called Mauresmo a pervert because she's a lesbian? Can anyone verify that?

Best twitter posts of the epic match:

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.



Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline  
post #147 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:21 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,962
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastasie View Post
Regarding money, though, I have to disagree. I have heard Rafa complain that women shouldn't make as much as men because they play best of three sets (he said nothing about the quality of the game, as far as I can remember), and I think both Rafa and Janko are missing the point. I don't know if this has been measured, or if it can be, but in slam tournament, if the women's matches are bringing in as much money as the men's, if the ITF sells the TV coverage rights as a package, etc, then it's only fair that the prize money be equal.
Yeah, except I'm sure if Wimbledon released some TV rating numbers or ticket sales to matches, the men's matches would far outshine the women's.

I don't recall the William's sister's errorfest as "the greatest final ever"

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is online now  
post #148 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
@Ryan's Hat
 
Okonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charmants
Posts: 19,892
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Is that the same interview where Janko allegedly called Mauresmo a pervert because she's a lesbian? Can anyone verify that?
I don't think so. There's a story he said that but only on several forums without links.
But I think (I know him a little) he is homphobe.

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.'

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Say No To Racism, Discrimination, Prejudice, Hypocrisy, Idolatry, Aloofness. Free Your Mind, Love Animals. @djokernole @Arsenal
Okonsky is offline  
post #149 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
LOL come of it son

you're crimes were worse than that

Each crime deserves it own merit.

I'm not referring to those here.

its.like.that is offline  
post #150 of 200 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned!
 
its.like.that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: sans domicile fixe
Posts: 34,169
                     
Re: Labadze: "Women should only open their mouth in bedroom"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
I don’t understand why sexism isn’t taken as seriously as racism; imagine if he made a similar comment about black or Asian people!
Humour based on race, sex, weight, age, profession, etc. can all be quite funny imo.

It's just a matter of certain people having no sense of humour.
its.like.that is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome