Goat Cheese (Federer losses Thread) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered User
 
Metis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,480
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
I hope Fed can get his big head back through that fence.


He gets overambitious sometimes doesn't he? Sorry Roger but that orange (i.e. Vilas record) is out of reach for the moment. So close yet so far away.

Metis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cleveland,ohio
Age: 30
Posts: 1,494
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Sondraj and boyfriend


You really don't need to post our intimate pics all over the internet, who do you think I am paris
sondraj06 is offline  
post #93 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Sondraj and boyfriend

Yes I am sure in this case Sondra fantasizes about being the goat
RonE is offline  
post #94 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,170
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondraj06 View Post
who do you think I am paris
No. I daresay even she has quite a few more brain cells than you do.
RonE is offline  
post #95 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered User
 
Allez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,025
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

@ this thread!
Allez is offline  
post #96 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post


He gets overambitious sometimes doesn't he? Sorry Roger but that orange (i.e. Vilas record) is out of reach for the moment. So close yet so far away.



Nice.
cmurray is offline  
post #97 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Sondraj and boyfriend

cmurray is offline  
post #98 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,432
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

That picture of the pig humping the goat. That's too good.

I found this over at the TW boards and thought it was cute.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1683658.gif (4.3 KB, 6 views)

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline  
post #99 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
That picture of the pig humping the goat. That's too good.

I found this over at the TW boards and thought it was cute.
ooohhh...Nice one, Tangy.
cmurray is offline  
post #100 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Willy gets the chef's hat 2 weeks in a row!

That Canas...he's a real cheese glutton, isn't he?
cmurray is offline  
post #101 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:46 AM
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
 
Rafa = Fed Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 5,067
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Canas is a great chef.

The ATP deserves a better class of player, and I'm gonna give it to 'em - Djoker

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009


Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline  
post #102 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Last dance, Andy
 
tangerine_dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York New Englander
Posts: 25,432
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

To quote the gamblers: this Cañas is good.

Except that he really isn't. Just you watch, Cañas will lose in the very next round just like before.

He's no Rafa.

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."


Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline  
post #103 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Registered User
 
TennisLurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 3,763
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
To quote the gamblers: this Cañas is good.

Except that he really isn't. Just you watch, Cañas will lose in the very next round just like before.

He's no Rafa.
I agree generally, Cañas is a lesser version of Rafa, he probably wins more points with his first serve, he may be as good as rafa in a few things (fitness, movement), but rafa has much better groundies, the backhand of Canas is bad, the backhand of Rafa is very good, and altough Cañas has a quite good forehand, the Forehand of Nadal is much better (altough the Forehand of Nadal sometimes lands too short, he hits it with an exagerated ammount of spin)

Federer lost twice to Cañas, and he would have lost those 2 matches to Rafa for sure.


But I think he can beat Robredo, I dont see why Cañas should lose to Robredo if Cañas is well rested....?!?!...

I miss: Ivan Lendl, Korda, Novak, Bruguera, Rios, Kucera, Courier, Mantilla, Costa, Santoro and Ferreira.

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline  
post #104 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,734
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisLurker View Post
I agree generally, Cañas is a lesser version of Rafa, he probably wins more points with his first serve, he may be as good as rafa in a few things (fitness, movement), but rafa has much better groundies, the backhand of Canas is bad, the backhand of Rafa is very good, and altough Cañas has a quite good forehand, the Forehand of Nadal is much better (altough the Forehand of Nadal sometimes lands too short, he hits it with an exagerated ammount of spin)

Federer lost twice to Cañas, and he would have lost those 2 matches to Rafa for sure.


But I think he can beat Robredo, I dont see why Cañas should lose to Robredo if Cañas is well rested....?!?!...
Yes. Rafa is a better ball striker than Canas. That forehand on the run of Nadal's is a real thing of beauty. But if I'm going to be brutally honest here, I don't think the forehand is why Rafa beats Roger. I think its that retrieving ability that both Canas and Nadal do that gets Roger in trouble. They both give him just enough proverbial rope to hang himself with. The basic idea is get enough balls back in play and Roger will eventually make an error.

The thing is that you have to have nerves of steel. Wearing Federer down is no easy prospect. Canas and Rafa both have that.
cmurray is offline  
post #105 of 599 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Registered User
 
yana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: verona
Posts: 2,832
                     
Re: GOAT cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
I don't think the forehand is why Rafa beats Roger. I think its that retrieving ability that both Canas and Nadal do that gets Roger in trouble. They both give him just enough proverbial rope to hang himself with. The basic idea is get enough balls back in play and Roger will eventually make an error.
That's my opinion too. Well said.

Corazón latino 2011

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome