Mens Tennis Forums banner

Janko's 2011 Season

10K views 120 replies 22 participants last post by  SatineSalvatore 
#1 ·
Great start to the season for Janko, winning both his first singles and doubles matches in chennai

#31 ·
I feel sorry that Janko could not get his 1st ATP title, this is the most advantageous chance for him to win compared with 3 his previous final match. Yet, he seems not to have luck, poor him, I wonder if he can recover immediately to play Wimbledon. I gotta recognize that he plays so well on grass :D. Hopefully he can return in Wim, Good luck

“I’m taking an ultrasound now but it doesn’t look good,” Tipsarevic said.

“I know matches are played here until late, but that is the case when there are no clouds and you have enough light.

“It’s an absolute disgrace. The organization … not the organization, but the fact what happened today. At 4-3, 15-all or love-30 when I slipped, I asked the chair umpire or the referee, ‘What else needs to happen for you to postpone this match?’ And he was just quiet. He was just repeating like a parrot that we have enough light, we have enough light.

“To power through the final—this is not first or second round. This is a final of an ATP event. I myself still don’t have a title, and I don’t want to lose it because of the dark.

“It’s bad enough that I have to play on a slippery court with wind, but to postpone it because, I mean, for two, three games because they were, I don’t know, too lazy or wanted to go home tomorrow or whatever, that’s just a complete disgrace.”
poor you, janko :sad:

Good luck in Wim

#34 ·
Into the QF with straight set win against Dodig...

For a place in SF he'll play against Berdych.

Just remember the last year's DC match, Janko! Ajde!

#39 ·
If he win's a tournament, he will be in the top 10. No joke, it should be 3 more victories (Berdih, Wawrinka and Nole). Nole will let him go of course. It is possible. Idemo Jane!
Do you mean to say that if they meet in the final Novak will let Janko win?

I don't think so. It would be a lack of respect for Janko. It would be almost an insult. They may be friends outside the court, but on court it's all business, as it should be.

I think Janko has a shot against everyone, including Novak. If Janko's having a good day, his game is wonderful.

But there's still one more match to be played before the final. And Janko can win it!

Good luck against Fish, Janko! :) :)

#37 ·
Janko :worship::worship::worship: Let's go for final now :D

#40 ·
Just firstly beat Fish, Janko and then we'll think about final :D

I really hope that Novak will let him win the final if it comes to Serbian derby. What would 400 points change for Novak? Basically nothing. And what would it change for Janko? It'd give him a Masters 1000 title, place in top 10, becoming 2nd best Serbian player ever, fulfilling his dreams, being maybe even 9th seed in USO, give him more self-confidence which he can use to becoming top 5 player, get him to 9th place in ATP race with only 15 points less than 8th Fish with great chance to qualify for WTF.

Enough reasons for Novak to let him win :D

Good luck against Mardy tonight, JankO! Only 49 minutes left :) I'm getting excited :D

#43 ·
Even though this is an old message, I have to quoted because I want to give my 2 cents about it, I love Tipsy (very close, after Nole of course, who's a passion of mine :lol:), but as his fan I would never want him to win or get successful just because someone (wether is Nole, Viktor, Tsonga, or whoever he gets to play with) 'let' him win, I trust that if he works hard he can scale places at the rankings, but to get there via 'pity points', just no :eek: , I'll root him always, as I do with Nole, regardless of his position at the rankings, but when he gets more close to the top, I want him to be because he kicked ass and played like a boss, not because he was 'allowed' to win, I'd lose some respect for him or the rival who did this to him.

And that was It, I'm new around here, and I love Nole & Janko ;)

#41 ·
novak even in a world where he did actually tank to give janko his first title would still have to play in a way that made it look like he was trying without actually doing it because janko always plays his worst matches of the tournament in finals. That being said IF he gets past fish and novak is his opponent novak would never, ever tank and let tipsy have the title.

that being said i do believe that tipsy is already the 2nd best serbian player even if thats not what rankings say ..i have always considered him more talented than viktor.

#46 ·
Bravo Jankela! :D

Probably no.13 or 14 on Monday! :rocker2: Finally where he belongs :worship:

Hoping for a good match on Wednesday :)

#48 ·
Such a shame this thread is so empty, Janko's been having a great year...

Let's win that first title and let's get to 12th place on Rank list :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.