Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Somewhere fairly shingly
Winning % in Finals
I know this topic has probably been done before, but it's still interesting to compare the win/loss records and winning % in finals of players who have won over 30 titles:
Player/Wins from finals/Winning %
14. Edberg, Stefan: 42/78 (53%)
13. Wilander, Mats: 33/59 (55%)
12. Chang, Michael: 34/58 (58%)
11. Nastase, Ilie: 52/87 (59%)
10. Vilas, Guillermo: 62/101 (61%)
9. Becker, Boris: 49/77 (63%)
8. Lendl, Ivan: 94/144 (65%)
7. Agassi, Andre: 60/90 (66%)
6. Connors, Jimmy: 105/151 (69%)
5. Borg, Bjorn: 57/81 (70%)
4. McEnroe, John: 76/107 (71%)
3. Sampras, Pete: 64/88 (72%)
2. Federer, Roger: 45/58 (77%)
1. Muster, Thomas: 44/55 (80%)
The figures for titles and finals are from the ATP website, so in the case of players like Connors, Borg etc. they may not be entirely accurate...
The Wit and Wisdom of the Tennis Journalist, Indian Wells 2004
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.
Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?
ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Last edited by Sjengster; 11-19-2006 at 10:32 AM.