Tennis Records (compilation) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
V.H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 309
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Hi again!

Fastest 2nd serve belong to Karlovic (144mph/232kmh).

Some of your ways to name the stats is sometimes a little confusing, what about changing:
Victories -> Match wins
Defeats -> Matches lost
History -> Career stats
Game devolopment -> Match stats
Speed serving -> Fastest serves

Is it also possible for you to make links to lists or other pages which confirms the stat?
V.H. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.H. View Post
Hi again!

Fastest 2nd serve belong to Karlovic (144mph/232kmh).

Some of your ways to name the stats is sometimes a little confusing, what about changing:
Victories -> Match wins
Defeats -> Matches lost
History -> Career stats
Game devolopment -> Match stats
Speed serving -> Fastest serves

Is it also possible for you to make links to lists or other pages which confirms the stat?
Thanks because my english is very, very, very bad

Links which confirms the stats??? I'm working on it but I need time.
My intention is to put links gradually
eldrick is offline  
post #33 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan won his 66th title as pair. This record is the first with link that confirm the stats. In the first two dots is a link with men record, and in the second two dots is a link with a women record. At the moment only Bryan&Bryan record

Only links with official webs (ATP, WTA, Davis,...), Wikipedia or newspaper news

Last edited by eldrick; 10-11-2010 at 12:15 PM.
eldrick is offline  
post #34 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

In 1965 and 1969 mixed doubles final in Australian Open didn't played. However in all statistics Fred Stolle or Owen Davidson, for example, won those editions but Margaret Court didn't won. Why would anyone give her titles in 1965 and 1969.

In my opinion, if Davidson won 11 mixed doubles titles or Fred Stolle won 7, Margaret Court 19 mixed doubles Grand Slam and 64 Grand Slam combined titles (24 Singles+19 Doubles+21 Mixed)
eldrick is offline  
post #35 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered User
 
Echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 1,902
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Hi Eldrick and Merry Christmas.

In my thread I meant I felt ashamed because the US Open win was obvious, it's a Grand Slam. But thanks again for the correction.


By the way I think there is something to say about the Vilas match winning streak, which I already mentioned in the main section of this forum.

Right in the middle of his streak he won 4 matches at an exo tournament (the Harrison Lionel Tennis Week: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiller...de_l.27ATP_:_9), which puts him at 50. that's one better than Borg if we consider a "walkover" as a "no match".

Lendl is at 44 ATP-sanctioned matches but he won 5 matches at the Toronto Molson Light Challenge in 1982, which puts him at 49.

And Vilas' loss to Nastase in Aix was only due to the latter's "spaghetti racket", which will later be banned. If you remove this match he holds a 74 ATP-sanctioned match winning streak (46 + 28) until the loss to Borg at the Masters. A hypothetical win against Nastase would have put him ahead of Navratilova. Vilas also played a few more exos but none as big as the Harrison one.
Echoes is offline  
post #36 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
By the way I think there is something to say about the Vilas match winning streak, which I already mentioned in the main section of this forum.

Right in the middle of his streak he won 4 matches at an exo tournament (the Harrison Lionel Tennis Week: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiller...de_l.27ATP_:_9), which puts him at 50. that's one better than Borg if we consider a "walkover" as a "no match".

Lendl is at 44 ATP-sanctioned matches but he won 5 matches at the Toronto Molson Light Challenge in 1982, which puts him at 49.

And Vilas' loss to Nastase in Aix was only due to the latter's "spaghetti racket", which will later be banned. If you remove this match he holds a 74 ATP-sanctioned match winning streak (46 + 28) until the loss to Borg at the Masters. A hypothetical win against Nastase would have put him ahead of Navratilova. Vilas also played a few more exos but none as big as the Harrison one.
I didn't know tournaments of Harrison (Vilas) and Toronto (Lendl) but I think that this tournaments are unofficial

Vilas's loss to Nastase in Aix. Loser excuses, and Vilas withdrew. If Vilas played a tournament but didn't win the title is impossible to continue the streak

Borg 49 winning streak with 2 walkover in the streak (Rotterdam in quarterfinals and Dallas in semifinals). With walkover in first round the streak continues, but in another round is like a defeat for a record like this

And another thing, with dubious records, I agree with the official version (but Federer or Nadal win 50 games in a row soon)

Excuse my english, Google Translator is to blame
eldrick is offline  
post #37 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Registered User
 
Echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 1,902
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrick View Post
I didn't know tournaments of Harrison (Vilas) and Toronto (Lendl) but I think that this tournaments are unofficial
As I said, yes. But it was true competition with huge prize money and field. You don't have to incorporate them. It's just an additional note.

I think it's absurd to say that Lendl won 94 tournaments overall. He won many more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrick View Post
Vilas's loss to Nastase in Aix. Loser excuses, and Vilas withdrew. If Vilas played a tournament but didn't win the title is impossible to continue the streak
Was no excuse since the ITF banned the racket in 1978. It did create weird spin.

The present-day rule says: "the hitting surface of the racket shall be flat and consist of a pattern of crossed strings connected to a frame and alternately interlaced or bonded where they cross"

Example of spagh racket: http://www.whatsalltheracquet.com/ar.../spaghetti.php



Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrick View Post
Excuse my english, Google Translator is to blame
Was fine.
Echoes is offline  
post #38 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Australian Open. 4th round. Francesca Schiavone defeat Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-4,1-6,16-14 after 4h44'. The 2nd largest match in women tennis history, largest 3-sets match in women tennis history and 2nd most games women single match in Grand Slam Open Era
eldrick is offline  
post #39 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Records updated after Miami

Wozniacki ends her streak with 5 Premier titles, 5 Premier finals and 28 winning streak in Premier tournaments

Nadal vs Đoković (14th match in Masters Series, tennis world record
eldrick is offline  
post #40 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,004
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Rosewall won the WTF finals against Laver in 71-72, when he was 36 and 37. Perhaps it was called by a different name when Nastasse won it? Incredible stats and hard work to get them!
thrust is offline  
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Rosewall won the WTF finals against Laver in 71-72, when he was 36 and 37. Perhaps it was called by a different name when Nastasse won it? Incredible stats and hard work to get them!
I have statistics of WTF.
Rosewall won in 1972 World Championship Year End, other tournament. I don't have statistics of this tournament... for now
eldrick is offline  
post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Update records after Roland Garros and a new stat

Most repeated matches per surface

Hard: Agassi vs Sampras 20
Grass: John McEnroe vs Connors 7
Carpet: Becker vs Edberg 17
Clay: Vilas vs Higueras 16
eldrick is offline  
post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Updated after US Open
eldrick is offline  
post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,026
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Grand Slam finals without titles.. Roche and Murray 0-3

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 53
                     
Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
Grand Slam finals without titles.. Roche and Murray 0-3
Thanks but Tony Roche won a Grand Slam (Roland Garros 1966); and Andy Murray is still active; in this stat (Grand Slam finals without titles) only include non-active players because Murray still can win a Grand Slam
eldrick is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome