Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vamos, It's the late clay season

8K views 88 replies 7 participants last post by  Fat Camel 
#1 ·
A new thread for this short clay season :lol: Rome, Bordeaux then maybe Nice qualies or RG qualies :sad:.

Let's go with a first round in Rome vs the strange Dustin Brown. I remember him on clay last year vs Gilles in Stuggart and he was irritating me :devil: Well he beats Wawrinka in Munich so he's in good shape. For Arno it will be the opportunity to test his body then we can't have much expectations after his break. I doubt there is livescore unfortunately. Good luck to him :angel:

#4 ·
I hope Brown doesn't annoy Arnaud too much with always wanting the same ball back for serve. :tape: I can see Arnaud go :fiery: at that.
If he's fit, Arnaud has a good chance imo... as long as he doesn't drive himself crazy over stupid things. :p

#6 ·
It may have a livescore on bet365 for court 1. I opened the streaming for center court and it's cold and no sun in Rome today. Cold and slow conditions indeed and of course there is only 3 linesmen for all the court :lol: Dusty's behaviour and court conditions let's imagine some talks during the match :lol:

#8 ·
Thanks Kezzi he's serious in the training.

Bad news for today he lost in a close match :sad: 26/64/67(2) My detailed report :devil: Just arrived on bet365 livescore at the end of first set so I looked the summary of games. He has been broken 2 times from 30 and Dusty had some holds from 40 but with Bet365 we can't know if there was BP for Arno. Then I followed the score.

Arno breaks to love at 2-2. At *4-3 Arno had again to save few BP to finally manage closing the set on his own serve 64. At the beginning of the third set Arno had 40 love lead on Dustin's serve but missed this 3 BP in a row and even one more on AD. Pity he missed all those BP it could have change the result. At 1-2 he was broken on first Dustin BP. At 2-4* he had to save few game points on Brown's serve to break back on AD. At *3-4 close game but he level the set to 4-4. On following Dustin's serve he had 30 love lead but didn't have BP. At *4-5 40-40 he was close to lose match then at *5-6 he had to save MP. He started badly the tie-break and was fastly **1-4 down to lose it 2-7.

After a long break of course it's logical to have problems to play the crucials points at 30-30 00-30 or tie-breaks but anyway it's tough to lost a match in the last set tie-break when there is the place to win :eek: It was a a battle with no straming no idea of the level but it looks he fights. No idea of what he will think of that match :confused: it's a loss in first round of a 30000$ so not good :devil: Already over next is Bordeaux where the level is amazing and he could face top players.

He's also losing Estoril points and will be around 165# next week :help: :tape: You've to be very motivated to continue :eek:

#9 ·
Thank you Soulage for report! I couldn't find any live scores.

Yes, that's a very tough loss for Arnaud, but that's some good news that after such a long break he was equal to Brown. Maybe this match can give Arnaud some confidence that he can still win but not losing to players like Seifert in straight sets. And of course - the main thing, this all shows that he is at least healthy now, i believe.

Of course he needed this win but that's not desperate situation, we couldn't expect more from Clement. Hope he'll continue his progress in Bordeaux.

#11 ·
He'll play Benoit Paire http://www.atp-primrosebordeaux.com/tableausimple.php I really like Benoit :angel: and he belongs to Bordeaux's team he's so fun to watch :D Well it will be tough for Arno but we already know it :lol: Hope a good match between them :angel:

The WC for RG should be announced next week and losses don't go on his way to get one :sad: We'll see if the FFT consider his career more than the current results.

#12 ·
If Arno is denied a WC, to me that is sort of like a career ending type move, a big wake up call. That's a move that signals that FFT thinks he's basically done, and that he's no longer a priority or a thought in French tennis. It would be really sad if that happens.

As for Bordeaux, well, at least if he beats Benoit the draw is pretty good thereafter :lol:

#17 ·
Vamos because of clay :p 46/26 today

I watched some games not all cos it was a really boring match and I had to finish something at work. The match was so fast that I was not able to see an all set :lol:
From what I saw he was looking old he had absolutely no consistency in his game moving not very well hitting DF on BP not very concerned no joy to be on court :rolleyes:. Some gift games by Benoit make the result even more close :help:. He was looking so rusty like a veteran indeed :lol: I know it's clay but in that match he was looking done :sad: The injuries and sickness pushed him too much down. He's near #175 now and could be out #200 after Wimbledon. I mean I don't know where he could find pleasure playing low cost tournament every week :devil: He needs a little miracle :angel:

I hope he will find more joy to play in the nex tournaments he planned and how many he will play :confused: With his ranking he has not a lot of choice.

#18 ·
The press stresses that Arno was not fighting yesterday not even angry about his poor performance :devil:. Normally when he plays like that he's awful with everybody :lol: but not yesterday. He said he will be in RG in qualies or with a WC. I though he could have been already denied a WC which could have explained why he was a ghost on court yesterday but maybe extra sport problems it's a french speciality :lol: or injury problem :sad:

Le sentiment en revanche était plus mitigé pour Benoît Paire. L'Avignonnais de Primrose s'est certes débarrassé d'Arnaud Clément en 2 sets, mais de son propre aveu, il n'a pas livré un grand match. Face à un Clément fantomatique et loin de la combativité qui a fait sa réputation, Paire aurait dû expédier la rencontrer beaucoup plus rapidement s'il n'avait pas commis autant de fautes directes. «En fait, je suis simplement satisfait de m'en être sorti. Avec Arnaud, on se connaît bien, on était un peu crispés tous les deux. Et c'est celui qui a commis le moins de fautes qui est passé. Mais pour être honnête, ça n'a pas été un bon match.» Arnaud Clément n'a pas démenti. «Je suis très déçu et frustré, mais je n'ai pas mis l'implication qu'il fallait et de toute façon, mes sensations n'étaient pas bonnnes.»

#21 ·
He should go in Nice to play qualies because Bordeaux was so strange it was not him on court. He needs to play at least one match :lol: before RG. The tournament director says in an interview he will be there but they always announce guys who won't come :lol:

Par hasard Marine tu es pas abonné à Tennis Info leur interviews sont bien et j'ai manque celle d'arno dans celui d'avril

#22 ·
Non désolée, je l'ai même jamais lu ce mag, je suis fidèle à tennis mag depuis 15 ans.lol
Tu devrais envoyer un ptit MP aux français du forum, y'en aura bien un qui l'aura. ;)

#25 ·
As of this point, I'm just taking everything one tournament at a time and enjoying watching Arno for Arno, because the tennis and the career seems to be headed south with no turning back, and it's looking more and more like this could be the final times we see him in singles :sad:

But I am happy he got the WC! :D Hope he can do something with it :lol:

#27 ·
that WC is truly a surprise. do they tend to take pity on old statesmen about to retire? :p
That's possible they have given him one because he will announce his retirement. His behaviour on court and off court in Bordeaux let's expect this.

I'm wondering if he will play doubles in RG as lately he also stop playing doubles. There is not a lot of friends remaining on tour :lol: Why not Seb who miss his goodbye on court las year :lol: :angel:

#28 ·
Yeah, I've read some news/rumors that Arno is retiring at RG, or that he is essentially retiring at RG and then will officially play his last match at Paris indoors. So it looks like this is it for him :sad:

Arno/Seb doubles, put that on center court and they will have as many fans as any Nadal or Djokovic match :p If he plays doubles he could win some matches too :lol: And go out on a positive :angel:

#31 ·
I'm just so happy to see Arnaud playing a slam again and try not to think about retirement.
Hope, they'll give him one of the center courts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.