Mens Tennis Forums banner

DTT Managers Thread 2011

13K views 161 replies 13 participants last post by  kingroger 
#1 · (Edited)
I´m very sorry that this thread is opened so late. :angel:

Code:
Week 01: Brisbane/Chennai/Doha              [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 02: Auckland/Sydney                    [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B] Boarder35m 
Week 03: [B]Australian Open[/B]                    [B]Manager:[/B] Gavnich77 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 05: Zagreb/Johannesburg/Santiago       [B]Manager:[/B] Gavnich77 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B] Boarder35m
Week 06: [B]Rotterdam[/B]/Costa Do Sauipe/San Jose [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD
Week 07: [B]Memphis[/B]/Marseille/Buenos Aires     [B]Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD [B]Assistant Manager:[/B] Boarder35m 
Week 08: [B]Dubai[/B]/Acapulco/Delray Beach        [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 09: [B]Davis Cup Round 1[/B]                  [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 10: [B]Indian Wells[/B]                       [B]Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD [B]Assistant Manager:[/B] Boarder35m
Week 12: [B]Miami[/B]                              [B]Manager:[/B] Gavnich77 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 14: Casablanca/Houston                 [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 15: [B]Monte Carlo[/B]                        [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 16: [B]Barcelona[/B]                          [B]Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 17: Belgrade/Munich/Estoril            [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193[B] Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 18: [B]Madrid[/B]                             [B]Manager:[/B] Gavnich77 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 19: [B]Rome[/B]                               [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 20: Dusseldorf/Nice                    [B]Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 21: [B]Roland Garros[/B]                      [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 23: Halle/London                       [B]Manager:[/B] jervisjames [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 24: Den Bosch/Eastbourne               [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 25: [B]Wimbledon[/B]                          [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B] Boarder35m 
Week 27: [B]Davis Cup Quarterfinals[/B]            [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 28: Bastad/Stuttgart                   [B]Manager:[/B] trucul [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 29: [B]Hamburg[/B]/Atlanta                    [B]Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 31: Umag/Gstaad/Los Angeles            [B]Manager:[/B] Eddy DoubleD [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 32: [B]Washington DC/[/B]Kitzbühel            [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 33: [B]Montreal[/B]                           [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 34: [B]Cincinnati[/B]                         [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 35: Winston-Salem                      [B]Manager:[/B] trucul [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 36: [B]US Open[/B]                            [B]Manager:[/B] trucul [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 38: [B]Davis Cup Semifinals[/B]               [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 39: Metz/Bucharest                     [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 40: Kuala Lumpur/Bangkok               [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 41: [B]Tokyo[/B]/[B]Beijing[/B]                      [B]Manager:[/B] mmarto193 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 42: [B]Shanghai[/B]                           [B]Manager:[/B] kingroger [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 43: Stockholm/Moscow                   [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 44: St Petersburg/Vienna               [B]Manager:[/B] Gavnich77 [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 45: [B]Basel[/B]/[B]Valencia[/B]                     [B]Manager:[/B] Boarder35m [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 46: [B]Paris [/B]                             [B]Manager:[/B] Direnan [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 48: [B]World Tour Finals[/B]                  [B]Manager:[/B] Marto [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]
Week 49: [B]Davis Cup Finals[/B]                   [B]Manager:[/B] kingroger [B]Assistant Manager:[/B]

See less See more
#42 ·
I can take Barcelona. I have a week off:wavey:

#48 ·
I think I can take the week with Nice:) I would be my last tournament in the next period. Then, I will manage just after Wimbledon...:sad:

#50 · (Edited)
I would like to have a go at managing, but I will admit that I am very scared by the prospect! So, I would really appreciate an easy tournament to manage in European timezone (The Americas is difficult for me) and would love someone to guide me with the process. I have a few weeks off work after May 13.
How about I take Week 23 Halle/London? Two tournaments means easier to have an OOP for qualifiers?
Cheers :)

#53 ·
Could some authority in DTT tell me if I am allowed to play DTT again?

#58 ·
May 9th for entry lists and 16th May for seeds.

#60 ·
I am hoping to start managing DTT tournaments, but I would like to ask about a few points!!

- When should I accept late picks and when not (because I think late picks might advantage players when they know their opponents picks e.g in doubles)

- Tie-break: Is it exactly the same like in TT??

Thanks

#61 ·
1. I don't it's a problem bacause you don't post the differences when someody haven't sent.

2. Yes:)

#66 ·
For the moment in first round should LL take those spots of missing picks and too bad for late picks, they lost their place? In later rounds then late picks can be acceptable, until November anyways... ;)

#67 ·
OK, I have set up London/Halle thread.

Considering the number of players now, could someone visit the thread and tell me if it's ok the way I intend to do the draws? Since there are 2 tournaments (total of 30 matches-hopefully no byes!), I thought having more traditional qualifying rather than a single preliminary round would be better. Any thoughts?

Secondly, are there any tips for how people set up for the spreadsheet? In the yellow area you place the players in draw order... how do you guys/gals manage the sign-ups before the draws are made usually? Any tricks of the trade?? :wavey:
Anything I need to be especially careful not to do, any common mistakes people do when they first manage TT/DTT?

Thanks in advance! :banana: :hug:

#68 ·
One more question, do you keep a copy of the sheet for each round? If so, does it ruin the "lookup" parts of the spreadsheet. How best to avoid any problems? Again thanks!

PS. I doubt I would need 3 qualifying rounds for singles, but just in case, I added the extra round. There is no alternate events for DTT, so all comers would need to be allowed to play. :yeah:

#69 ·
You´ll have poblems with the days if you have more than 1 round of qualification. :unsure:

Because Queens has 24 doubles entries there are even more than 30 matches (last year there were 36). But since this is only possible in weeks with enough matches it would be unfair to make rankings with this system if in one week there are 2 rounds of qualifications and the next week there is only 1 round :awww:

I would advise you to save the spreadsheets from all rounds, so that you can take a look to find out about the CB (and you´ll have to look for shootout).

To be honest, I don´t understand your question about how the managers "set up for the spreadsheet". What do you mean with this? :wavey:

#70 ·
Thanks Boarder. I was meaning, is there a good way to organise the ranking order while people are signing up? Probably not very important. :)

#71 ·
Code:
		ATP250	ATP500	Masters	Grand Slam
Win		200	300	500	1000
Finalist		140	210	350	700
Semi-final loss	90	135	225	450
Quarters loss	50	75	125	250
R16 loss		20	25	75	150
R32 loss		0	0	35	75
R64 loss		0	0	0	5
Qualifier bonus	10	15	20	20
Hi all, I just wanted to alert to a few mistakes made over the past few months... I came across the problem when I thought that an ATP250 was worth 250/150 for Winner/Finalist. This was how it was listed on a DTT a few months back, but I noticed later that others are listed at 200/140.
Not sure if the mistakes have then been added into the ranking points by Yannick- possible depending on how he does the updates.

(for instance in Estoril, the listed points were for an ATP500 when should have been ATP250.) - I can see this as an easy mistake as it happened a few times from different people.

If you want I can go over each week again and find the few tournaments that were listed incorrectly, then maybe Yannick can double check the ranking points? Otherwise, I am happy to let it go.

#75 ·
I can't. I have exams:awww:

#85 ·
Now I see that Davis Cup is that weekend, which I'll travel to seaside :eek:, so can't do it. Also maybe till the end of September can't manage anything, because I'm starting work in days, only can manage ameriican tournaments in August, but I don't know hen I'll go to holiday :confused:

Hope that there will be enough volunteers to manage :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.