Mens Tennis Forums banner

Have you hit a tweener successfully?

Have you ever successfully hit a tweener in an official match?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Caio_Brasil 
#1 ·
I personally have never been able to hit a tweener in an official match, but what about you? If you don't know what a tweener is, you may call it something else like the hotdog or whatever. Still don't know what it is? It is the shot Federer hit against Djokovic at last year's US Open and against Dabul at this year's Open. The shot everyone talks about. It is the shot that makes your opponent rage for hours on end if you pull it off.

But yeah, post your experiences with trying to hit a tweener in a match or actually making one. I have pulled off a tweener one time in practice, but never in an official USTA or high school match. I can get the ball over the net for the most part, but it always goes long :(

#2 ·
No, but I do remember lobbing a guy and he pulled one off that got back into the court and continued the rally. He ended up winning the point too, but a few shots later.

#3 ·
Yeah..i've done it a few times...alot of the fellow juniors and parents call me santoro for staying in so many rally's and playing a lot of "trick shots". anyways the best one i ever pulled was in a club match playing against a man in his 30's...we got into a very long rally and eventually we were both at the net volleying it back to each other...he eventually hit a shot that i couldent get to so I ran back hard towards the baseline...and passed the guy at the net with a ridiculous tweener....likely the best shot of my career...everyone is clapping and laughing so it was a good moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.