Originally Posted by philosophicalarf
1) Lots of money in tennis.
2) Basically no out-of-competition testing. It's near impossible to miss 3 tests in 18 months when there are only about 70ish total tests for top100 male singles players performed in a year, ie an average of 1.33 a week. Many of these are actually done at tournament sites also, so are totally superfluous as nobody would be using catchable substances at those times.
3) On top of that, what little OOC testing is performed is badly flawed - no EPO tests, and urine only, not blood or hair.
4) No test for HGH is performed in or out of competition.
5) EPO only tested for at 3 events a year.
6) The ATP has covered up things even when players are caught, as with Agassi and the dozens of "supplements" players.
It's thus inevitable lots of top players are juicing ..... and looking at the physiques of some, it's very obvious they are (especially the women, many of whom put East German swimming teams to shame).
Something has to explain the physique of Serena Williams.