Mens Tennis Forums banner

~Gael's Hard Court Season~ 2010~ let's go!

5K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  teem 
#1 ·
whats first?:D

#4 ·
Still on clay in Stuttgart

Gael started the final poorly, particularly on serve, injured his ankle towards the end of the first set. Better serving allowed him to go up 2-1 in the second set, but movement was clearly hampered and he retired afterwards.

#7 ·
Rasheed shaking his head in desperation after Gael squandered a 6-5 lead against Devvarman in Toronto, got rebroken to love.

#12 ·
Might sound a bit melodramatic, but I'm starting to think the next couple of months could be make or break for Gael's career.

Right now he's living off points from a strong end to last year, if he doesn't defend at least some of them he will probably drop down in the rankings to around the #30 mark. Given his injury problems, coupled with an awful mental attitude to the game of late, I'd really not be confident about seeing him turn it around :/

#13 ·
I've sort of felt this way for a while (in regards to this season in general), but you could turn it around and say well maybe a drop down the rankings would be something that would motivate him and get a bit more fire in him as well I think. He's too difficult to predict at any rate, I think if anyone on this forum were to try and plan out his remaining career path they'd have an abysmal success rate. :lol:

#18 ·
Great battle today against Jo. He really improved in his game level last two months. And he beat Isner & Tsonga, two players against who he had difficulties to win. 2011 will be very interesting for Gaël. If he continues to play like here and Tokyo, he can easily come back in the top 10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.