T.V. Schedule - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,142
                     
T.V. Schedule

Tennis Channel
http://www.tennischannel.com/schedule/index.aspx

Sunday, May 24
5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) R128
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Monday, May 25
5:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. ET (live) R128
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Tuesday, May 26
5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) R128
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Wednesday, May 27
5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) R64
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Thursday, May 28
5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) R64
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Friday, May 29
5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) R32
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Saturday, May 30
5:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. ET (live) R32
4:30-8:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Sunday, May 31
5:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. ET (live) R16
6:00-9:30 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Monday, June 1
5:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) R16
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Tuesday, June 2
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Wednesday, June 3
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Thursday, June 4
5:00-8:00 a.m. ET (live) men's doubles semifinals
1:00-6:30 p.m. ET women's semifinals
6:30-10:00 p.m. ET French Open Tonight

Friday, June 5
4:00-11:00 p.m. ET men's semifinals

TV5Monde USA
http://rolandgarros.online-toolkit.net/

check your local listings

ESPN2
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/esp...s?topic=Tennis

Sunday, May 24
12:00-6:00 p.m. ET (live) R128

Tuesday, May 26
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R128

Wednesday, May 27
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R64

Thursday, May 28
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R64

Friday, May 29
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R32

Monday, June 1
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R16

Tuesday, June 2
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals

Wednesday, June 3
12:00-6:30 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals

Thursday, June 4
8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. ET (live) women's semifinals

ESPN 360
http://www.espn360.com/

Sunday, May 24
5:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. ET (live) R128

Tuesday, May 26
5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R128

Wednesday, May 27
5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R64

Thursday, May 28
5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R64

Friday, May 29
5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R32

Monday, June 1
5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) R16

Tuesday, June 2
5:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals

Wednesday, June 3
8:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals

Thursday, June 4
5:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. ET (live) women's semifinals

ESPN Deportes
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/esp...s?topic=Tennis

Sunday, May 24
12:00-4:00 p.m. ET (live) R128

Tuesday, May 26
12:00-4:00 p.m. ET (live) R128

Thursday, May 28
1:00-5:00 p.m. ET (live) R64

Friday, May 29
12:00-5:00 p.m. ET (live) R32

Monday, June 1
12:00-6:00 p.m. ET (live) R16

Tuesday, June 2
12:00-6:00 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals

Wednesday, June 3
12:00-6:00 p.m. ET (live) quarterfinals

Thursday, June 4
8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. ET (live) women's semifinals

NBC
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032986
http://nbcumv.com/sports/program_det...renchopen.html

Saturday, May 30
1:30-4:30 p.m ET R32

Sunday, May 31
3:00-6:00 p.m. ET R16

Friday, June 5
10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. [all time zones] men's semifinals

Saturday, June 6
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET (live) women's final

Sunday, June 7
9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. ET (live) men's final

Last edited by smucav; 05-19-2009 at 11:03 PM.
smucav is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 250
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Okay, so we get no mens semis live. How nice. NBC can rot.

Save Rafa!
Just say NO to plaid shorts
http://game-set-thud.blogspot.com
Tiklish is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Registered User
 
sierra91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 851
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiklish View Post
Okay, so we get no mens semis live. How nice. NBC can rot.
NBC can't show the such a minor sporting event live because it would have to preempt the Today Show. Apparently, if NBC did this the results would be catastrophic.

For example, when millions of Americans turn on the TV and see foreigners in a foreign country trying to hit a small ball with a strange looking baseball bat instead of seeing Matt Lauer & Co., they will most likely kill themselves, start massive riots and looting, set fire to Rockefeller Ctr. and all NBC local affiliates, or even start a nuclear war. Also, and even more devastating, is NBC's loss in advertising revenues on June 5th. Thank goodness corporate America is looking out for our well being or, as I like to say ... fuck NBC and the Fucking Today Show!!!

SRDJAN DJOKER IS A "LIGHT-WEIGHT PEN-STEALING FUCKFACE!" ~ Ari Gold
sierra91 is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 250
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

What makes me so angry is that if NBC knows they will not or cannot play the freaking mens semis live, then why in the hell do they lock in the exclusive live rights!?! LET SOMEONE ELSE PLAY THEM!! And it's only the mens semis we're getting screwed out of. Because apparently NBC doesn't consider the womens semis to be as important, so they're letting Tennis Channel play them live. But the mens semis that are SO important that NBC wants exclusive live rights, are the SEMIS WE DON'T GET TO SEE because NBC clings to those precious exclusive rights, BUT WON'T PLAY THE MATCHES!!!It's disgusting!

I need an email address to NBC. Does anyone have it?

Save Rafa!
Just say NO to plaid shorts
http://game-set-thud.blogspot.com
Tiklish is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered User
 
sierra91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 851
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiklish View Post
What makes me so angry is that if NBC knows they will not or cannot play the freaking mens semis live, then why in the hell do they lock in the exclusive live rights!?! LET SOMEONE ELSE PLAY THEM!! And it's only the mens semis we're getting screwed out of. Because apparently NBC doesn't consider the womens semis to be as important, so they're letting Tennis Channel play them live. But the mens semis that are SO important that NBC wants exclusive live rights, are the SEMIS WE DON'T GET TO SEE because NBC clings to those precious exclusive rights, BUT WON'T PLAY THE MATCHES!!!It's disgusting!

I need an email address to NBC. Does anyone have it?
I called our local NBC affiliate and spoke to the director of programming a couple of years ago and got nowhere.

I'd suggest looking on Yahoo Finance or going to GE's website where it has corporate or investor relations information as NBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary. You might even get email addresses for the NBC execs, but definitely the HQ address. I suggest copying your letter to the CEO of GE and the Chairman of its Board of Directors. Good luck!

SRDJAN DJOKER IS A "LIGHT-WEIGHT PEN-STEALING FUCKFACE!" ~ Ari Gold
sierra91 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered User
 
KarlyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,258
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

It really sucks not having TTC!

I wish NBC would just stop "airing" tennis, all they do is f--k it up! Taped men's semis. I really hope the Williams sisters lose very early, because that's more than likely all NBC planning on showing the first weekend.
KarlyM is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Registered User
 
lalaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,149
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Why no broadcast on May 25th on ESPN2? Because it's a holiday so they decide some junk program is more suitable than live broadcast of a grand slam? Geez. I know I should get TTC, but basic cable is expensive enough.
lalaland is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered User
 
Truc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 17,349
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by smucav View Post
TV5Monde USA
http://rolandgarros.online-toolkit.net/

check your local listings
Not that we lack TV coverage for Roland-Garros in Europe, but is this just for TV5Monde USA or is there something similar for other areas? I couldn't find anything on the TV5 website.
Truc is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,142
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Not that we lack TV coverage for Roland-Garros in Europe, but is this just for TV5Monde USA or is there something similar for other areas? I couldn't find anything on the TV5 website.
TV5Monde USA

French Open Coverage In French:
http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...newsid=6632856
smucav is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Vamos Mandy :)
 
Deboogle!.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Looking for Andy's forehand with Sarah and Re...
Posts: 85,829
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
It really sucks not having TTC!

I wish NBC would just stop "airing" tennis, all they do is f--k it up! Taped men's semis. I really hope the Williams sisters lose very early, because that's more than likely all NBC planning on showing the first weekend.
seriously, and it's about 10 times worse for those of us not in Eastern time, because not only is it not live, it's not even aired at the same time in all time zones LOL

LA Pics & Reports ~ My New Blog: Adventures of a Picky Foodie! ~ My Travel Blog

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 99
                     
Roland Garros (watchable) Video streaming

Im one of the ppl in Australia that miss out on the French Open because i dont have foxtel, so i was wondering if someone can hook me up with mayb a live stream of tennis matches....being free preferrable...any HELP...GREATLY APPRWECIATED!!!
saleebyman is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
 
Re: T.V. Schedule

Is Roland Garros showed in CCTV . If so any schedule available.
timboy is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Registered User
 
aussie_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,178
                     
Re: Roland Garros (watchable) Video streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleebyman View Post
Im one of the ppl in Australia that miss out on the French Open because i dont have foxtel, so i was wondering if someone can hook me up with mayb a live stream of tennis matches....being free preferrable...any HELP...GREATLY APPRWECIATED!!!
Nine will have one hour highlights in the second week, and the highlights will be of matches from the night before
aussie_fan is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:56 PM
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 15,769
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra91 View Post
NBC can't show the such a minor sporting event live because it would have to preempt the Today Show. Apparently, if NBC did this the results would be catastrophic.

For example, when millions of Americans turn on the TV and see foreigners in a foreign country trying to hit a small ball with a strange looking baseball bat instead of seeing Matt Lauer & Co., they will most likely kill themselves, start massive riots and looting, set fire to Rockefeller Ctr. and all NBC local affiliates, or even start a nuclear war. Also, and even more devastating, is NBC's loss in advertising revenues on June 5th. Thank goodness corporate America is looking out for our well being or, as I like to say ... fuck NBC and the Fucking Today Show!!!
NBC does not exist to bring you what shows you demand, free of charge. Why would they show something at a time when most people would change channel. I believe you can purchase the Latin American version of ESPN Deportes in the US now ( I saw it in Miami). It shows live tennis all 15 days, starting at 5am Eastern and continuing for at least 8 hours. You get what you pay for.

JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered User
 
Karlovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 36
Posts: 120
                     
Re: T.V. Schedule

Which fields are covered by cam ??????

IVO KARLOVIC
Karlovic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome