Mens Tennis Forums banner

Jan Michael Gambill

36K views 330 replies 22 participants last post by  Fee 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow, I'm surprised. Looking at the posts for American players, there are not very many lol. Well, anyone at all know what's been going on with JMG's knee muscle tendinitis or something like that? I'm worried about him. BTW, he's an adorable man! :drool: :kiss: :hearts: :p

Samantha

Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lordsoftennis

#152 ·
There are tapes available for a nominal fee.....

#154 ·
lols soudns like jmg is merging the habbits of andy and mardy! mardy always adjust his shorts (at least i assume it's his shorts and not the lil fish) and andy always plays with shirt and cap! so jmg is just merging them altogether for good effect, clever guy :) maybe they should start placing bets on who can fidlle the most suring one match :)

fee - do you know what tournys jmg is planning on playing after the AO?

#155 ·
yep, his schedule is up on my site. put it up over the weekend.

Reactions: Éowyn
#156 ·
cheers chick ya know you rule! :)

#157 · (Edited)
yay :woohoo: :aparty: :woohoo: :aparty: according to fee's lil schedule thingy he's doing nottingham again and i'm going :) (tickets go on sale next month and i'm booking them as soon as they do) wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

fee you better warn him to look out for me at queens, nottingham and wimbly! and not to change that part of the schedule or i'll have to hunt him down and attack with a stick! of course i would then have to kiss any wounds better but we don't tell him that bit ;) haha!

#158 ·
Éowyn said:
yay :woohoo: :aparty: :woohoo: :aparty: according to fee's lil schedule thingy he's doing nottingham again and i'm going :) (tickets go on sale next month and i'm booking them as soon as they do) wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

fee you better warn him to look out for me at queens, nottingham and wimbly! and not to change that part of the schedule or i'll have to hunt him down and attack with a stick! of course i would then have to kiss any wounds better but we don't tell him that bit ;) haha!
have fun and take LOTS of pics!!!

#159 ·
Eowyn...
1. I need a new banner for my message board. If you're up for it, I'll send you the pics I want to use.
2. Hold on. That schedule is tentative. Last year, he approved the schedule I sent him, changed the clay court tournaments, then changed them again. Then he added Newport Rhode, Island (and almost forgot to tell me) and decided not to play LA at the last moment. But, I'm pretty sure he will stick to the same schedule in England again this year becuase he usually gets a house for a month, so its worth it to play the full England swing.
3. If I know that a particular fan is going to be at a tournament, I usually let JMG know in advance. He's been pretty good about it in the past.

Thanks for the rep. Had to read it a few times to make sure you weren't saying something naughty :lol:

#160 ·
This is a van parked outside of a house in my neighborhood. thought i would post it here. i call it the JMG van. (even though it says "img", the i kinda looks like a j) hehe

Attachments

#161 ·
Fee said:
Eowyn...
1. I need a new banner for my message board. If you're up for it, I'll send you the pics I want to use.
2. Hold on. That schedule is tentative. Last year, he approved the schedule I sent him, changed the clay court tournaments, then changed them again. Then he added Newport Rhode, Island (and almost forgot to tell me) and decided not to play LA at the last moment. But, I'm pretty sure he will stick to the same schedule in England again this year becuase he usually gets a house for a month, so its worth it to play the full England swing.
3. If I know that a particular fan is going to be at a tournament, I usually let JMG know in advance. He's been pretty good about it in the past.

Thanks for the rep. Had to read it a few times to make sure you weren't saying something naughty :lol:
1 - of course anything you like my dear happy to help, email me the pics eowyn@roddickonline.com (but you know that already haha)
2 - hence why i said tell him not to change it haha and he can come stay with me if he likes, but my bed is pretty small he might have to get a bit close to fit in :devil:
3 - well you can tell him i intend to be at nottingham, queens and wimbly.

lols why would i say anything rude about you? you rule :)

#162 ·
I didn't mean rude, I meant naughty in a funny way. I'll email some photos over the weekend. Need to find some without an obvious adidas logo since he wears Prince clothes now.

#164 ·
hehe jmg get srid of adidas and mardy switches to it! :)

send me any pics ya like i can always remove stripes and logos.

#165 ·
There's one picture of his new clothes on my homepage. Should have more soon, and I suspect a few will show up during the AO.

#167 ·
Jan Mike faces a qualifier in the first round of the aussie open :) but if he gets into the second he'd get federer :eek:

#168 ·
i just saw that too!!! good luck Jan-Mike!! :eek: i hope JM's in tip-top shape for this Open!

Fee, if you talk to him before he plays, tell him we're all rooting for him. send him our luck!!!!

#169 ·
tell him to kick federers butt! :)

#170 ·
i guess jan-mike didn't wanna play federer then as he lost to Takao Suzuki 4-6 3-6 3-6 oh well time to regroup :sad:

#171 ·
You know, when I was getting the info for my site and I saw that JMG had lost to this guy before, I had a very bad feeling. Obviously, I was hoping I was wrong. This is just not good, at all.

#173 ·
Thanks Deb. I'm very sad for my biscuit, especially after calling a friend who was at the match, but I wonder if this will be the kick in the pants that he needs. I just want him to win a match before I see him or I will just burst into tears as soon as I lay eyes on him. That won't be much fun.

#175 ·
The contract expired and wasn't renewed. He told me in October that he had signed with Prince, but asked me to withhold the info. He let me put it on my homepage at Christmas. I think he knew for a few months that adidas would not renew. They also dropped Kiefer (which surprised me, considering his current rank) and possibly a 3rd player, but I can't figure out who.

#176 ·
Saw this today in tennisreporters.net
=======
Gambill looking for resurrection

By Sandra Harwitt, Special to TennisReporters.net

Back in 2001, Jan-Michael Gambill was comfortably sitting at No. 14 in the world on the ATP computer. Nowadays, Gambill is struggling to rekindle the form that led him to be an integral part of the ATP’s original “New Balls, Please” campaign, where they introduced the public to the young stars they expected to make a big splash.

The 27-year-old Gambill has won three titles in his career: '99 Scottsdale, '01 and '03 Delray Beach. After an iffy season at best in 2004 – he reached four quarterfinals but for the first time since 1998 failed to reach a final – Gambill was hoping for a fresh start here at the Australian Open.

Unfortunately, Gambill was unable to negotiate past Japanese qualifier Takao Suzuki, the No. 203 player in the world, losing the match 6-4, 6-3, 6-3.

“I have been working very hard to try and get my game back on track,” Gambill told TennisReporters.net after his defeat. “Obviously, I was not playing that well, but I played a couple of good matches coming in here and I’ve been practicing very well. I feel like I’m starting to play decent tennis. I feel 100% I can get back to playing the way I used to so I’m not going to let this be a negative for me.”

For some around the game, one of Gambill’s biggest flaws has been sticking by his father, Chuck, as his coach instead of branching out to hear a different voice analyze his game. But Gambill remains loyal to dad and was off to discuss the match after his interview with TR.net.

His parting words were to offer an explanation as to why he keeps on keeping on. “I want to prove to myself that I can get back up there,” Gambill said. “Playing tennis can be fun and not fun, but it’s what I do and I love to do it. I want to give it my best. You know, you can play sports now until you’re 35 as Andre [Agassi] has shown us.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.