Join our blogging team! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
Sorry to add to the questions, but if someone signs up as a blogger for a particular player, does Rusty Backhand stop doing it? I don't know who/what Rusty Backhand even is, it's a bot I'm assuming?
Rusty Backhand is tbe bot known as Gravity.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
What if somebody signs up to do a player's blog and sabotages it by posting only the most biased and negative "news" items they can find?
e.g. Me doing Federer's blog
adee-gee is offline  
post #48 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
What if somebody signs up to do a player's blog and sabotages it by posting only the most biased and negative "news" items they can find?
I thought of that too - I hope someone isn't that mean to do that.

A person would have to have an obsessive hatred though to do that. It took me almost an 1 1/2 hours to write my sample blog. You'd have to really hate a player to spend all that time week after week.

Its bad enough dealing with the trolls on this board sometimes.

Adam...

Last edited by NicoFan; 06-28-2006 at 06:53 PM.
NicoFan is offline  
post #49 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:01 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
I thought of that too - I hope someone isn't that mean to do that.

A person would have to have an obsessive hatred though to do that. It took me almost an 1 1/2 hours to write my sample blog. You'd have to really hate a player to spend all that time week after week.

Its bad enough dealing with the trolls on this board sometimes.

Adam...
I'm proud to be an obsessive hater though
adee-gee is offline  
post #50 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Registered User
 
NicoFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Literature Land
Posts: 25,078
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
I'm proud to be an obsessive hater though


And you're a loveable obsessive hater.
NicoFan is offline  
post #51 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:26 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Amanda I've sent you my Montcourt entry

Do I send it to that email address every time I want to add one?
adee-gee is offline  
post #52 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Pacific Northwest Home
 
cobalt60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 31,675
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
What if somebody signs up to do a player's blog and sabotages it by posting only the most biased and negative "news" items they can find?
And I was actually thinking just the opposite Those obsessed fans with adoration

The great thing about democracy is that it gives every voter a chance to do something stupid.
Art Spander
cobalt60 is offline  
post #53 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,764
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
And I was actually thinking just the opposite Those obsessed fans with adoration

I've just been approved to do Novak's. So hopefully I'm not the sort of obsessed fan you mean, Sue

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #54 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:24 PM
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,764
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Question!

So I was updating my profile in the blogging thing, and since Forum UserID is different than my user name... what exactly is that and where do I find it?

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #55 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

I'm confused. All I did was do what it said on the 1st post.

Where does forumid come into things?
adee-gee is offline  
post #56 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
#freeviktor
 
savesthedizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: formerly known as Troickitard
Posts: 93,764
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
I'm confused. All I did was do what it said on the 1st post.

Where does forumid come into things?

I was fooling around in my profile on the blogging thing. It's what they need to transfer your vCash to MTF I think

Troicki - Djokovic - Del Potro - Kyrgios - Berankis
Cibulkova - Robson - Kirilenko - Azarenka
Retired but always loving Ferrero - Ancic - Kiefer

savesthedizzle is offline  
post #57 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:47 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
I was fooling around in my profile on the blogging thing. It's what they need to transfer your vCash to MTF I think
Erm...you've lost me. Your profile on the blogging thing?
adee-gee is offline  
post #58 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
wtn_amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 7,200
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
Question!

So I was updating my profile in the blogging thing, and since Forum UserID is different than my user name... what exactly is that and where do I find it?
It's the number that appears in the link to your profile:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/members/8554-savesthedizzle.html

8554 is your user id
wtn_amanda is offline  
post #59 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
wtn_amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 7,200
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
I'm confused. All I did was do what it said on the 1st post.

Where does forumid come into things?
It's nothing to do with the applying process.

There's a separate site dedicated to managing blog websites. When you login, you can create a profile with some information about yourself, and your forum user id which is used for withdrawing vCash to your MTF account. The User ID will also be used to link to your private message box so people can send feedback about your blog entries in future and make private comments.
wtn_amanda is offline  
post #60 of 131 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:57 PM
_._._._._._
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 32
Posts: 72,524
                     
Re: Join our blogging team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtn_amanda
It's nothing to do with the applying process.

There's a separate site dedicated to managing blog websites. When you login, you can create a profile with some information about yourself, and your forum user id which is used for withdrawing vCash to your MTF account. The User ID will also be used to link to your private message box so people can send feedback about your blog entries in future and make private comments.
Ah ok, thanks boss
adee-gee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome